Is cannibalism too much for Roblox?

I’m considering on adding an ability to eat dead players, no gory graphics or anything for a Hunger Games type game. Would this be allowed on Roblox?

3 Likes

Probably; Roblox allows guns and stuff and I have seen a few non-moderated games and plugins with blood. I’d probably just go with it then talk to Roblox Support if it is moderated. I’d also consider checking the rules before adding this feature too, just to be safe.

2 Likes

Games have been reviewed before for references of cannibalism. It’s not a very child-friendly idea at all.

Source: Is this build acceptable?

4 Likes

You can always start development on the feature and wait for ratings so you can safely deploy to older audience.

1 Like

Just call it “Loot for Food” so its not a cannibalism reference.

9 Likes

This is a kids game. Cartoon violence is acceptable but imagine walking into your child playing a Lego game where they’re eating someone’s corpse it’s pretty sick if you ask me and pretty irresponsible

5 Likes

Rule of thumb for anything: if you have to ask if something is okay, don’t do it.

16 Likes

ROBLOX is a children’s platform, there are some violent things on it, however. But, it might be a little much for that. I don’t think it’s a good idea. It does depend on how you play it off. I think in Booga Booga players drop a meat thing that you can eat. So, correct me if wrong, but that is kind of cannibalism. I don’t condone adding it but, you might be able to play it off as something else. But, I wouldn’t try it unless you need it for your game. Because eating a dead person is not something that I would consider to be suitable for a “child friendly” platform. But this is just my opinion. :smiley:

I say do it. Theres no blood its just a lego person eating a lego person. I would let a 2 year old watch legos eat legos all day.

1 Like

As per brand guidelines please do not refer to Roblox as LEGO. Thanks.

As far as OP. Anything involving the idea of eating another character is pretty iffy stuff. Like Kampf said. If you have to ask it’s probably for the best you just go ahead and don’t. If you think it’s even slightly wrong there will inevitably be someone who hates it beyond belief and thinks it’s very kid unfriendly and it’ll just cause you issues.

5 Likes

I’ve seen it done in a multitude of games. Go for it, but I’d suggest not making it too graphic. Example of cannibalism being in-game: https://www.roblox.com/games/458467043/FACTIONS-Tokyo-Ghoul-Project-Killzone

Please do not detract from the original topic. Take your discussion to PMs.

I’d say this is a grey area, but I’d lean to the safe side and say that it is too much.
However!
Another alternative is you can take meat from the player that he or she acquired from their survival… e.g. loot the player?
Idk, just tossing an idea out

In all fairness, if you went back 5 years ago and told old ROBLOX players what we have now they probably wouldn’t believe it. ROBLOX is a bit weird on what its allows and what it doesn’t. So sometimes it can be appropriate to ask.

But of course in my option, I think cannibalism is a bit to much.

1 Like

I know. That’s why gray areas should just be avoided.

I meant it as a lot things that could be considered a gray area that is on roblox, so its a curious topic.

I think it probably won’t be a big problem, unless you openly yell out and encourage players to eat others. Even less so if only the person who is doing it knows that it’s happening.

Obviously it’s probably still prohibited, but if it isn’t a main focus of your game, you’re likely on good standing to add it, and I don’t think anyone will have a huge objection to it.

You’re contradicting yourself here. You say it won’t be a big problem and you also say that it’s prohibited. Both can’t coexist; it’s either allowed or it isn’t. Cannibalism isn’t allowed. Chancing moderation is not something you want to do unless you just don’t care.

The issue is not the encouragement of cannibalism or whether it’s a main point of the game or not. Games have been put under review desptie cannibalism being only a small part of the game. The concept of cannibalism itself is not permitted and isn’t a friendly idea for the Roblox platform.

You are not on good standing to add it and I can think of many people who would object to its addition, up from players themselves to moderation.

1 Like