Is detecting player's age allowed

If I read your previous posts correctly, you want an API to detect the players age?
If so, then my standpoint is no.

Even if this does or doesn’t violate COPPA, Don’t say what “Violates” COPPA if you don’t directly know all the terms there, thats just spreading misinformation., Roblox is a game for all ages. Your game should fit with Roblox’s ToS (Made for all ages), and shouldn’t display different content based on age.

@RBGX_Lucky, I don’t know why you would do this, but I recommend contacting a moderator or someone about it. Other games do use this, but its better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

actually i just realized something. Roblox can alter code to add or remove whatever they want. So, if that code actually works then they say its fine

They can’t alter your code, because its YOUR code. You own it. They can moderate your game based on the code, but not the code.

Thats why they don’t just remove all the inappropriate content from games that violate ToS, you own it, you have a right to use it. They can take down your place though, as Roblox handles your place, you don’t own it.

2 Likes

i ment insert new code forms such as… idk getplayerscript() made that up

What’s the point of even doing this? This doesn’t seem like something you should even do in the first place. Also kids fake their age all the time so I really don’t know what’s trying to be achieved here.

Yeah, I agree with other people.

I don’t see any possible use for this.

probably to remove stuff like blood from games if the user’s account is under 13.