Is it possible to separate unions with code?

Backstory:

I am currently working on a mini-map system for my game’s randomly generating maps. The problem is that to make a mini-map, each tile has to have an icon. The best solution is to generate them with code.
Each tile has a hitbox part. If it is just 1 normal block, making a birds-eye-view icon of it is simple. Just take the size/orientation/position into account, do some quik-mafs and generate a size for the UI frame that will represent it accurately. The issue, however, lies when it is a union.
My thought of solving this is to separate the union into the blocks it was made from and combine their generated icons.

The problem:

I’d rather this was done automatically in-game than in studio but I don’t know how to separate unions into their basic parts through code. I know that there is :UnionAsync() for combining and :SubtractAsync() for negating, but I cannot find the third function for separating. Worst case scenario I have to do it manually in-studio. Possible, just inconvenient.

5 Likes

To my belief there is no function of UnionOperation such as :SeparateAsync(), you can suggest this feature if you’d like to see it implemented though.

7 Likes