Is this a bug? (strange animation issue)

Hi,

As the title says, I’m not sure if this issue is a bug or… well i don’t know.

So the issue is that when an animation is playing, the body parts being manipulated by the animation arent affected by changes to the rotation the other body part they’re attached to.

In this instance what i’m doing is changing the C0 of the Waist Motor6D (which controls the UpperTorso), to rotate in the direction of the camera, and the UpperTorso rotates fine, it’s just the arms (which are being animated) don’t move.

What makes me think this is a bug is because i didn’t touch it for two weeks, and before that, it worked just fine, but after that (again, without me changing any code), this issue started showing up.

what it should be doing: the arms are moving with the torso (it’s a short clip so it’s a bit hard to see

how it is right now: arms aren’t rotating with the torso at all

See it yourself here:

I originally made a post in scripting support. It was a bit misguided, but you might find some more info there:

1 Like

Hey, what’s the Animation Priority for the Idle?

It’s action, but I’ve tried it with other priorities and the same thing happens (on a lower setting the roblox animations kick in and work fine)

i did some more testing and it looks like this issue is happening with the UpperTorso specifically.

I tried using an animation on the arm and then changing the C0 of the shoulder motor6d and the animation didn’t stay fixed in place.

Since this change came out of the blue without me changing any of my code i’m guessing it’s a bug.

It’s due to the recent update on Roblox’s Rig System. I think you should bring this to the Bug Reports section.

I hope your problem gets resolved ASAP, good luck. :+1:

1 Like

Have you found out a solution to this? I’m encountering the same thing and I really don’t want to hard-code animations in on this.

1 Like

Turns out it is indeed a bug.

You (and anyone else who was this issue and stumbled upon this topic) can find it here: Animated arms and head do not rotate with UpperTorso when UpperTorso.Waist.C0 is rotated

1 Like