Is this a good game idea?

So today I spent about 30 minutes looking around roblox and the devforum for game ideas and my cat jumped onto my bed at that same time and I thought, hmm, what about “Cat Minigames”?

So the point of the game is you’re just a cat and you just play some minigames and have fun. Do you guys think it is an OK idea?

17 Likes

What kind of minigames specifically?

3 Likes

Cat related games. For example, first one up the cat tower wins, cat hide and seek, cat race, stuff like that.

3 Likes

It seems like a good idea, but that would completely depend on your execution.

When you say cat tower, I’d expect it to be like this

When you say hide and seek, I’d expect a human to go looking for other cats.

When you say cat race, is it chasing after a mouse? Who gets the treat first? You could use these as a racing type.

The bottom line is, you add some innovation to your game because not many players will play your game just to look like cats :slight_smile:

Try to add more ideas, because every starting point does have a potential.

12 Likes

thank you, I will add more ideas that can make my games more appealing and interesting. Those were actually pretty good ideas for my gamemodes! thank you!

5 Likes

Can you add more details about what the game is?

3 Likes

That sounds like a great game idea. I would play it.

2 Likes

No idea is a bad idea unless it breaks ToS, go for it! :smiley:

3 Likes

OH. MY. GOSH.
I love it! That would be so much fun, and it’s a really unique and creative game idea! People could even make their own cats! There could be random power ups if they eat catnip for example.
Sorry for my rambling, but great idea! :smile_cat:

4 Likes

That sounds adorable! I would say it’s also definitely child friendly and I haven’t heard anything like it before. So all around it’s a great idea.

Maybe add a cat-customisation system where you can customise your cat tail, cat ears, fur length and colours, and I’m sure it’ll be a hit. It’s also important to consider replayability, so I’d say to ensure this make sure the mini-games are fast-paced and fun.

Good luck!

3 Likes

If you think it has the potential, go for it.

2 Likes

lol i love the way you came upon that idea :smile:

2 Likes

I think it sounds like a great idea! Maybe when you win mini games, you earn “paw points” or something, and you can use that to customize your cat?

2 Likes

What kind of mini games is the cat/player playing? Maybe you could make a your mom simulator as a meme.

2 Likes

ok, that’s great!

I imagine this: The cats are fighting minigames in a mall, against some skeleton cats, but you remove the cats entirely and add a mall fighting game. That is an excellent idea!

(It’s a joke btw, in another topic by the same person I gave him this idea, I guess he scratched it)

On a serious note, you might want to think that you would be defining a specific audience with this, people who like cats more than anything.

For a clear example, in this topic’s comment you can see 3 people who already tell you they’re into that type of audience, one that’s a 2/3 and probably bigger audience (a female audience, or an audience that enjoys cute things like cats, which covers many women who play in roblox)

• FUNIE101, who might be into cats
  • c4tlover123468, you don’t need any words…
  • Ahlvie, who by the first words (s)he said, you can think (s)he likes adorable things, and cats are part of it…

Then you got some other people who approve your idea if you think it works, or just approve it overall.

• Chaddaking
  • Espelk
  • LoveTheBears101

And then you got the people trying to help you with what they know

• wevetments
  • ScytheSlayin
  • LoveTheBears101 again
  • l1bs

What is relevant with this is that you have already gotten some people willing to play it by only a game idea. These first three people just gave you an example of what type of audience you might get if you finish the game…

Plus, I haven’t seen any games surrounding cats, and I bet people want to play that, so yes, go for it. Just try to avoid the cat equivalent of the Uncanny valley. If you feel the cat you made that will be in the game is still awkward to look at, keep on trying until you feel it’s good…

4 Likes

Haha you referenced what you replied to me in the other topic :smile_cat:

I scrapped this idea but seeing as now that it is getting a lot of support ill try do something with cats, I have a kitty companion with me irl!

2 Likes

If I’m honest with you, my bias towards my own thoughts tells me that you should follow my idea, but from what I’ve seen here I think you should follow yours.

Or maybe both? No need to do only one, you can follow both… A game about cats, that nobody has ever seen in roblox so it’s innovative in a good way, and a game about that mall I told you before.

I’d say, if you haven’t been in any current roblox projects and miss some of the experience (like I do, 0 games made but some experience in game development), you could organize them from easier to make to harder to make. Choose which one you’d make first, then which one you’d make later, and see if the game that is easier will give you some programming, artistic or building experience, then go for a bigger project. At least that’s what I would do, having 7 game ideas that I personally want to make, with some harder than others…

3 Likes

It seems like a good idea, what I have in my head is like the many wolf, animal games. Where your character is said cat and you go around living life in Roblox as a cat. Seems like a pretty cool idea, I hope you go on with it.

3 Likes

Really good idea, would be cool if you guys had a custom cat rig as the starter character too.

Good luck with your game idea, do bump this thread if it does end up becoming a game!

3 Likes

Quite an good idea. Make something unique compared to other games compared to other mini games to help your game stand out

3 Likes