Island Defenders Devlog #3 [Fortower]

Fortower → Island Defenders

Fortower is confusing to pronounce. Either it’s For-tower or Fort-ower which sounds like Fort Hour. Fortower also has some resemblance to the popular game, Fortnite, but our game is nothing like it. Island Defenders better describes the core of the game, and I hope you appreciate the change too!

Collaborating with @NoGreaterGamer!

NoGreaterGamer will help me with the development of Island Defenders, and we work amazingly well together! With a fresh, different perspective to the game, development will go much smoother.
He will work on the modeling, buidling, and social media managing, and I’ll work on the programming, UI, graphics, and some modeling. We both are learning Blender at the same time. NoGreaterGamer will focus on the modeling side, and I’ll focus more on the rendering aspect of Blender.

Features and Changes

• UI improvements
  • Enemies now face the buildings that they are attacking
  • Started building models from scratch from a 10x10 size to 5x5
  • Changed the building icons
  • There are now restrictions on support, tower, and trap buildings (blue, red, and yellow). [Note: I’ll make icons for color blind people in the future]
  • Rough layout of the lobby
  • Fire and stun effects
  • Backed up files to Github

Final Words

That’s all and happy New Years!

Devlogs

1 Like

You guys did a wonderful job with Island Defenders! From the screenshot you provided, I think the game looks fun!