Issues with animation editor on custom rig

Body parts dont move when moved in the animator, but the body moves inverse.

I have tried using both humanoids and animation controllers… rig uploaded from Cinema 4d

3 Likes

Tried restarting studio… Still doesn’t work

1 Like

By the looks of it, this is not a scripting issue. If you need help with animating, I am sure there is a different category you can use other than scripting to get help with your issue!

1 Like

Nothing is specific to animating, scripting is the closest category.

Actually, Art Design Support specifically mentions animation in category description. You might have better luck there.

1 Like

Okay but does anybody have the solution to my problem?

I don’t. I’m not really an animator. There was a bug with the animation editor that I reported a while ago. It was recently fixed. You might want to take a look at it here:

Then I found this:

The issue that I reported has been corrected. However, it seems that there are other things going on. I urge you to take a look at the bug reports and see if any of the scenarios applies to you.

2 Likes

I’ve reviewed the suggestions and they did not help but thank you regardless.

At this point, I have no idea. Unless you have regular trust level and can use the report bug tool, I suggest you send a message to Bug Support to report it as a bug. Make sure to read How to post a bug report.

Just for fun, have you tried copy-paste your rig into a new baseplate and see if the problem still happens? I’ve had some weird issues resolve by doing that. Besides, you’ll have to do that anyways to file the report. Focia19 is pretty good and will get back to you within a week, two to three days at most, most of the time. They will try and duplicate the bug. If they can, they will post your bug report.

2 Likes

I found this video and it could be helpful for animating a custom character:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.