KasCode SFX Editor (Plugin) - Easily apply effects and enhance any audio

For more features and revamped UX, use kSFX Editor Pro.

The KasCode SFX Editor is a plugin for editing and enhancing any audio you may have.

Videos included in this topic are outdated and since recording many features and improvements have been added to the plugin.

Featuring Presets to quickly load in multiple effects for your audio. Create your own presets for easy reuse later.

image image image

Complete control over all effects. Precisely control and reorder effects to have the exact sound you were looking for.

image image

View the live volume level on the major frequencies, responsive to any active effects.

Install it now if you’re interested:

Please mention any bugs/issues/suggestions in this topics replies!

Known bugs/issues

Please report any you might find!

Upcoming additions
  • Possibly add option to crop audios
  • Option to insert kBeats module

Disclaimer: This plugin can not create new audios or music. It can apply effects to existing audios and create a Sound instance with those effects for ready use in your game.

KasCode plugins:

KasCode SFX Useful Tools Better Reliable Renaming img

56 Likes

Underrated and amazing. Works perfectly besides a few bugs with the GUI.

2 Likes

Looks good! I’d recommend following Roblox’s widget tutorial and getting the sync colors function, since the theme does not match studio correctly.

2 Likes

i would never see myself using this. i can just bass boosted it outside of roblox? like in a software. why would i upload a audio if i didn’t like it and wanted to change it. other than that it would be fun to play with

edit: if you don’t have audacity (which is free) then go get this plugin

it’s not wasting an audio slot? im talking about making your own audio’s not by other people

not unless you have premium and your not understanding me im talking about making an original audio thats not already on roblox not one thats already made and altering it

If you “hard code” the bass into the audio you can’t customize it in studio later, there’s no point

well you would want to make it perfect so you don’t waste one of your valuble “audio slots”

Also I’m not sure what you’re talking about when you said premium. No where in the post about the upcoming limit mentioned premium.

Good thing you can make it perfect in studio. With this pluuuginnnnn…

bass boosting was just an example for this to be perfect they would have to add hundreds of more things when you can just do it all in audacity

You are correct, but I don’t see why you’d need anything else. And roblox has its fair share of limits.

Now let’s stop clogging this post (child)

zamn!!!1

This is mainly intended for changing audios for specific intentions and don’t want to download, edit then reupload a similar audio multiple times.

Example use case: You have 3 enemies, a heavy slow one, an average walkspeed enemy and a light fast enemy. You want to add footstep sounds to each of them. You could upload 3 separate audios or you could use one audio and edit it’s pitch and playbackspeed using the plugin.

2 Likes

Thank you! Any specific bugs you noticed which I haven’t outlined in the topic yet?

Major bugfix update:
Try to apply this update as soon as possible, as it involves some important bugfixes.

Fixes
  • Sliders should not get stuck anymore
  • Presets aren’t cut off anymore
  • Fixed widget title and existing loaded audio
Features
  • Volume can now be controlled from the volume frame
  • Added 1 new preset: Old mobile phone

How do I update a plugin?
  1. Open the “Manage Plugins” window

2. Press “Update” next to the plugin

3. If an error appears in the output, close the place using File > Close Place and open the place again.

You just fixed every bug I had, thank you!

Feature update:
Non-urgent features and fixes.

Fixes
  • Hopefully fixed cursor sometimes not changing with buttons
Features
  • Added option to create current sound effects only
  • Creating audios now parent them to first selected instance, and when nothing is selected defaults to SoundService
  • Added option to restore default presets
  • Audio upload frame now accepts audio IDs with strings
  • Various UX changes

3. If an error appears in the output, close the place using File > Close Place and open the place again.

Feature update:
Non-urgent features and fixes.

Fixes
Features
  • Sliders now show numerical value of effect property
  • Added Flange and Compressor sound effects
  • Added 1 new preset: Confused

Feature update:
Useful features and some important fixes

Fixes
  • Fixed being able to break presets window
  • Fixed not being able to change priority for some effects
Features
  • Added Tremolo sound effect
  • Added 1 new preset: Distant
  • Adjusted values of most default presets
  • Can now click on time label to toggle precise time measurements
  • Various UI and UX changes

Minor bugfix update:
Try to apply this update as soon as possible, as it involves some important bugfixes.

Fixes
  • Fixed frequency range loudness bars always being 0 due to a weird backend
    behaviour change by Roblox
  • Fixed plugin breaking when starting/updating with existing plugin
Features
  • Opening Create window auto-scrolls to the bottom now

1 Like