Korblox Deathwalker bundle has several issues with attachments and accessories

The recently released Korblox Deathwalker bundle and its accessories have several oddly placed attachments, as well as a problem with accessory scaling.

For starters, tools are offset, not even coming close to fitting in the hand.

Click for screenshot

The pauldrons, while fitting just fine on the bundle’s arms, vary wildly in position with other arms.

Click for screenshots

With default arm:

With Beatrix The Pirate Queen bundle arm:

With Davy Bazooka bundle arm:

Additionally, the head has a bizarre offset when used with other torsos.

Click for screenshots

I’m wearing a helmet in the photos to better showcase this offset.
With default head:

With Korblox Deathwalker head:

The last of the attachment issues is with the scythe back accessory, which floats somewhat when equipped with a different torso.

Click for screenshot

This is probably the least egregious issue here, but still noteworthy.

Finally, the helmet accessory is scaled incorrectly when used with other heads.

Click for screenshot

RobloxPlayerBeta_KyeDcbecC7
I would expect this to be less of an issue once the accessory positioning and scaling system comes out, but as it stands, this just isn’t right.

After taking a look at the attachments’ positions in studio, I can safely say that… This is probably not where they’re supposed to go.

Click for screenshots

The attachments on the character’s body parts are placed as such:

attachment issues 2

And the attachments on its accessories are placed as such to fit the body:

RobloxStudioBeta_aCq3oU4sGU

Expected behavior

I would expect the attachments to be placed in locations that make sense for the character, rather than awkwardly floating multiple studs away from the part they’re attached to.
Default rig’s attachment structure for reference:

Click for screenshot

RobloxStudioBeta_RtGkPuIAuc

I would also expect the accessories to have appropriate attachment points and for the attachments on the body parts to account for this offset, rather than offsetting the attachments themselves, which makes them look wrong on other body parts.
Below, I have an image of loosely what I think the accessories would look like with their attachments and scaling fixed on a default character.

Click for screenshot

I chose to ignore the pauldrons clipping into the arms, since I was mostly focused on fixing the attachment positioning in particular, and the pauldrons aren’t made to be used with blocky limbs anyways.

I would expect the head to have correct placement on other torsos, rather than sinking into the torso and causing all sorts of issues with head accessories.

Click for screenshots

From left to right: Default avatar, Default avatar with unaltered Korblox Deathwalker head, Default avatar with Korblox Deathwalker head with a corrected neck motor6D and corrected attachments for hat accessories and flaming eye particles.

Same thing, with constraint details shown:

And most importantly, I would expect to see a Roblox-made bundle, especially one being sold for a limited time and for 29 thousand robux (That’s ~$250 USD if you were to buy that robux with premium!), to have more care put into ensuring that it functions properly and has as few underlying issues as possible. I wouldn’t take nearly as much issue with all these problems if it was your average 250 robux bundle or something made by a UGC creator, but this is a bundle created and sold by Roblox itself that they are treating with the same level of hype and importance as other special expensive bundles like Headless Horseman and Korblox Deathspeaker, so it should be held to similar standards as those bundles when it comes to polish and versatility.

22 Likes

Wearing just the torso (this is what most people are going to do) has weird behaviour. It shrinks the character’s height, and brings the limbs all closer together. Breaks… every single piece of layered clothing that is dependent on precise positioning. Perhaps you could include this in the post.

10 Likes

The head also has Transparency = 1 in R15. This means that the humanoid display (name/health) does not show over any avatar that is wearing the head.

9 Likes

Thanks for flagging this.

• Attachment points are now updated for the Body Parts and Accessories and should be in their usual positions.
  • The head should sit higher up with other torsos.
  • The scythe will float because we configured it to be behind the cape. Since the cape is a Layered Clothing Accessory, we wanted to make sure that the scythe sat behind it, so we gave it more space than usual.
  • The helmet was designed to fit with the Deathwalker’s head, and wasn’t meant to fit with other heads. Overall, all the accessories were made to fit as nicely as possible with Deathwalker.

Let us know what else you may find. Thanks!

13 Likes

I would investigate the issues with the torso I pointed out. Considering that the torso piece is the main selling point of the package for the “torso-less” effect, having it shove all the body parts closer together and make the character shorter probably isn’t a good idea. Majority of the accessories on the catalog are modelled to fit the default block body and compatibility for other designs are based on that default, not the other way around.

View attached images for an example. You can see the layered clothing sword jump to a weird spot, and how the body parts get shoved closer together.

EDIT: upon further inspection, the torso forces the head to be placed incorrectly further forward than it should otherwise be. This is default R15 block body with no accessories of any kind, only wearing the torso. You can see the head is pushed forward a fair bit.

9 Likes

The head should be further improved upon if possible; Its current position is still a little awkward on other torsos. For instance, my accessories on a R15 avatar with the head equipped appear to be lowered down by about ~1/3 of their original position.

Front

Back

7 Likes

I second this. I’m not sure if the fix has been implemented yet, but it’s quite noticeably off with hats such as Al Capwn. I’d absolutely love to buy this bundle but I don’t think I can justify the purchase with the Head in its current state. R6 seems to be fine but R15 looks like this:

Not sure if fixing this would cause the bundle to break when used with its original body parts, but if there’s a way to get it to work regardless of rig, that would be awesome. It would be cool to be able to mix the Head with other body parts instead of just wearing it with the standard Deathwalker rig all the time.

Edit: My specific issue has been fixed so I bought it. Glad to see Roblox addressing the concerns.

6 Likes

Also another issue is that the flames do not appear when using the r6 body scale. The head seems to sit properly when using it tho.

8 Likes

While I love that Roblox is continuing to hold onto this household Korblox name, one of the last bits of personality left on this platform, I don’t think it’s unfair of us to have the expectation that some basic QC testing and compatibility checks are done with these bundles before putting them up - it’s notoriously difficult to get in touch with anyone who can fix issues with Roblox bundles so developers often resort to blocking problematic ones from their games, or certain features are just broken on those bundles (e.g. crimson claw’s broken ankle motors breaks IK footplanting in all games). Roblox is building a large suite of tools to help UGC creators build cool part swappable bundles, this would make / would have made a great dogfooding example for seeing where the tooling Roblox provides is lacking.

For example, I often see bundles go up from UGC creators with incorrect tool grip attachments, also shown here and with other attachments. It seems more can be done here to help with thorough testing.

14 Likes

I can still say that the bug persists with the head being way too low and it makes you look like you dont have a neck. And i also think the bug with the R6 not showing the flames is something to also look into if it hasn’t been fixed already. This package is 29k and just like sero said, i dont think i can justify the purchase for something which doesn’t work as i’d expect it to.

currently waiting for fixes before i buy it.

How it looks:

How it looks with headless:

4 Likes

@Klaugrana001 Was this report’s status marked as “Fixed” by mistake? I can confirm that the issues with the torso and head described in previous posts are still occurring. Is this report no longer going to be prioritized? Are the issues that we described intentional?

10 Likes

Can confirm its not fixed yet @Klaugrana001

1 Like

Why is it marked as fixed? The head is still transparent in R15 which basically makes the player nameless, the torso has NO HITBOX, the head position has never sat higher on other torsos, can be seen here:

Not to mention it doesn’t even work in R6.

3 Likes

It’s still not fixed
korblox deathwalker

headless for example

torso being tiny pulling arms and legs together

And pretty much everything in the original post is still bugged
I hope this will get more priority as it’s a $250 package and many
feel like they wasted money on Thank you have a nice day

5 Likes

What the hell did you guys do?

I think the team needs a reality check here. This package caters primarily to the “emo” and “e-dater” crowd, just like the original korblox. Having the head and torso be incompatible with said crowds is going to make Roblox less money. I promise you very few people care about the actual package itself, the selling point is “mostly headless”, “torsoless”, and “korblox leg” all in one convenient package.

If the issues aren’t corrected soon, Roblox is going to have a hell of a time getting sales on this package the next time it shows up. This is really no different from the headless horseman, and I was a buyer of that year 1. A lot of people thought nah I don’t need it, and then all those same people regretted not buying it. Every year headless horseman came back (before Roblox disabled sales count) you could see an exponential increase in sales for the year.

That phenomenon is not going to happen here if you guys can’t get it together.

7 Likes

I agree it’s a problem but not as big as a problem as you’re making it out to be in said demeaning post, being nicer helps, inoffensively in the nicest way I can, they should fix it. They were only accounting for said head opinions that it was too forward, etc. they weren’t catering for the rest of the package.

4 Likes

Now we have a neck but the head was moved backwards. The eyes effect still dont appear in r6

2 Likes

The head is fine, in the correct position. R6 Isn’t done likely, if it’s ever coming, likely not coming.

1 Like

what a surprise (r6 is coming) https://twitter.com/Roblox/status/1766246600308109556

1 Like

You can’t assume the the entire message is what they mean by that.

Sure they said they’d fix it, but it doesn’t mean they meant they would also do R6, always be weary and don’t automatically assume, disappointment is a hell of a thing for these people.

1 Like