Layered Clothing Full Release - Equip All Six Layers

Finally,they did it…

These layered clothing got finally annouced…I never thought it would finally arrive.

neither did I, I could never predict that such a mid update like this would arrive. Now we wait for animated faces and then bones inside of the character and then the dna inside every roblox character

3 Likes

Is this a step towards UGC creators being allowed to customize accessories for different devices?

2 Likes

I’m guessing not for a few months if ever, since there aren’t limiteds for 2d clothing. Could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Generally, it’s quite hard for Roblox to make realistic looking clothing fit on blocky avatars and R6. They might as well disable layered clothing on those avatars. Not that Roblox will do the same for other animations and avatars; it’s just that those specific avatars are too unrealistic to have layered clothing.

3 Likes

I already made a post about this on another thread, but I want to link it here because all of my issues with the current state of layered clothing are still in place. I love the update but there are frustrating parts about the fitting of the clothing on non RTHRO characters that should be addressed before it becomes wildly adopted.

2 Likes

Kinda sad we got this before custom materials going full on live.

5 Likes

Imma be honest, I don’t really think of the first two when I think of Roblox avatars. I tend to think of 2.0-3.0 bodies when I think Roblox, and luckily layered clothes shine there

1 Like

This is easy to fix, stop using BLOCKY avatars.

Hmm, when I stretch this jacket over a huge box, it doesn’t look right?

If you like blocky avatars, then don’t expect anything to look ‘realistic’ on it.

But, I expect ppl will choose these because they look funny.

7 Likes

Yeah well, they get to sell all the clothing again and collect robux again, get the point now? Only this time more of it will be expensive, and less of it will be free.

1 Like

my friend discovered equipping shoes in R6 with the narrow head detaches your head from your body

Uh Oh 2

7 Likes

I tried this out, and it actually breaks some Roblox games like Parkour and Flood Escape 2. :joy:

1 Like

yeah, you can play some games with it but you’ll die on spawning sometimes. The balloon in natural disaster survival doesnt work and sometimes you’ll fall on the floor in pieces on other players screens

1 Like

Take advantage of this glitch while it lasts. It definitely won’t last long.

3 Likes

When i wear it make me look fat
Totally shoe so flat like paper kinda need rework a bit

6 Likes

Apparently the glitch also changes your profile icon. When performing the glitch, your profile icon literally just shows your head. nothing more

Look:
There’s no body. Its just a floating head.

Edit: Take a look at what your avatar is displayed as on your profile page:

4 Likes

Seems to work with any head that moderately changes the shape. Peabrain, Hex, any head on sale (or old offsale ones).

Go into the avatar settings and choose a body shape that has a foot resembling a foot shape and not a pizza box, report back with results.

2 Likes

Seems neat! This can make clothing much more diverse as you’re actually able to customise your specific clothes. Issue is, this early development of layered clothing can be glitched/bugged and it wouldn’t be clear as to whether its on the developer’s side or player’s side.

1 Like

Well, it was fun for the few minutes it lasted. Seems they patched the glitch already.