Layered clothing not respecting custom R15 Character's deformation cage

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I’ve created a custom character following the R15 schema, and would like to used layered clothing accessories on it.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    It appears that layered clothing isn’t respecting the inner/outer cages I set up for the avatar, even when editing the cage in blender and reimporting to studio.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Editing the cage in blender, uploading using only outer cage / only inner cage; importing a variety of different clothing items from the catalog

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!
character was modeled and rigged following the wiki, i’ve double checked all of the geo and joint names, but it’s possible I could be missing something. having it looked at by another set of eyes would be very helpful. I haven’t seen many developers using layered clothing with custom characters, so it has been a lot of trouble for me to find someone to help with this issue.

Thank you!!!

Attaching the fbx for anyone that could possibly help:
femaleR15 for devforum.fbx (1.4 MB)

I’ve read this before, but it seems pretty annoying to get layered clothes to work on custom rigs.

1 Like

Found the solution in this thread, thanks!

The issue was that I did not use a cage supplied from roblox and had made my own. Strange, but after a really rough fit of their cage overtop of my model, it has begun to work in some capacity

2 Likes

one final update, cage still needs work to fit better, but for the most part my reply above got it working.

i lied one more tiny update got it working for everything except for one stray vert in the back
i’ve been iterating on the cage for several hours now so i think its time to put studio down for the day :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.