Lets be able to change our default chat colors

Hello! I was thinking about my default chat and I thought to myself “maybe its time for a change” I searched up ways to change the default chat color (for example mine is pink) and there is no way unless if i join a team. But that is temporary. I then realized that there is no way to change it so here is my question: why?

Roblox allows players to express themselves in any appropriate way; we can customize how we look, make games based on our experiences, and chat with others. So why cant we customize our chat colors? Maybe we can change the colors to express more anger or sadness, maybe we just want a different look for ourselves.

If this is because of team abuse (for example someone is on neutral [giving default chat color] and they change their chat color to red to act like they are on the red team) then just make primary chat color and secondary chat color. Primary chat color for the main chat color they want and secondary for in case if there is a team color like that already taken.

8 Likes

We are already able to do this

local ServerScriptService = game:GetService("ServerScriptService")
local ChatService = require(ServerScriptService:WaitForChild("ChatServiceRunner").ChatService)

local Speaker = ChatService:GetSpeaker("wevetments")
Speaker:SetExtraData("ChatColor", Color3.new(0.5,0.1,0.3))
Speaker:SetExtraData("NameColor", Color3.new(0.1,0.5,0.3))

Or did I not understand your post?

2 Likes

I believe the OP is requesting for there to be an account setting of your chat color which’ll be changed to that in-game. ChatService needs the Developer to edit Player chat colors, however this would be internal.

7 Likes