Live Animation Creator [Beta]

My first attempt! Honestly better than I expected!

7 Likes

Does this work with R6? I assume not, but that’d be pretty cool if it did

9 Likes

This is awesome, but why is there a 15 second limit?

6 Likes

probably due to rendering capabilities. It is currently in beta so I assume they want to work out some kinks/bugs first before extending time limit(hopefully).

14 Likes

Wow, this update is amazing.

Developers will be able to easily and quickly make realistic animations.

8 Likes

This looks amazing, and I love it when new things are added to Roblox, but begs the question. With new animation tools such as this being developed, does that mean there is a possibility there is someone currently working on animation feature requests, such as scaling?

In this request thread, though it has been up for a few months, there has not been a single official staff comments stating…

1. This is not something we are currently or planning on adding
  2. This is something we are working on
  3. We are not working on this but will look into it.
  4. This will be forwarded to the appropriate parties.

With animations becoming so amazing, such as this release, I just wonder about the addressing of features (or lack there of) that really hold back some creators (myself included) from taking full advantage of animations in their projects.

9 Likes

Wait. can you use r6 with this?

4 Likes

HUGE change. I’m wordless, great job!

6 Likes

When it says upload, you mean upload and have someone else animate it? Or does an ai or something generate an animation?

4 Likes

Oh good question, i don’t think we can.

3 Likes

I decided to use the dance in the start of Rush Hour. It looks hilarious, and I love it.

I also used a GIF of Michael Jackson moonwalking:

Of course, the Lance Vance Dance.

And to top it all off, the Spiderman 3 dance.

This is promising, I can’t wait to use this for my game’s cutscenes, coupled with facial animation and layered clothing. My only issue would obviously be the 15 second limit and the fact that the animation is facing the opposite way.

28 Likes

This is going to be really really useful for making animations and live events like in the past!

2 Likes

This is a good update, probably one of the best updates (mostly cause I suck at animating and pretty good at movement in real life) but if it just gets fixed a bit this could be very big!

2 Likes

Looks amazing! Will be looking forward to it once it is fully done

3 Likes

What an incredible feature. Insanely game-changing for those who deal with animations and create animations, just as said in other replies, there are very few moments these days where an engine ups the other, and this is phenomenally one of THE features of 2022 Roblox had ever gotten!

3 Likes

Ahh, that’s the beauty of beta. :kissing_heart: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Do the swag.

it doesn’t capture stuff like excessive flailing but it’s really accurate for what it is

9 Likes

Finally dancing well at parties will do me some good xD

5 Likes

I just want to say, props to you guys.

This is an amazing update. Why?

A. Solo Developers, omg they will be able to do so much more with their games, this is POWERING CREATIVITY.

B. Large Groups, get a proper video, and professional stuff, make beautiful animations with not so much hard work.

C. As a person who is in pre-professional training for dance, there are gonna be some really cool things that you can make with this. Genuine professional dance moves. (If i name them, you won’t understand what they mean but here we go) Pirouettes, Arabesques, Tour De Force, etc etc. Stuff you can regularly animate, but AHHHH SO GOOD!!!

okay ill test this soon, love yall and your hard work that you put into this.

12 Likes

Already my favorite addition to Roblox. I’m having way to much fun with this right now. :rofl:

Here is my attempt to do the "Floss":sweat_smile:

11 Likes