Live Animation Creator [Beta]

Where is the video processed? Is it uploaded to Roblox’s servers or will it stay on the client’s PC?

4 Likes

Really cool feature. Hoping that in the future videos can be longer then 15 minutes. Would love to use this for concerts

1 Like

WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY BOY

still a great update though

26 Likes

In ROBLOX’s defense, I’ve used previous video-motion-capture websites and none of them have been as accurate as this one.

4 Likes

Jeez so cool Animation i love it
Is work now?

1 Like

Even though I’m an animator myself. This looks incredible! I love this and I will be definitely using this.

2 Likes

Oh my… This is VERY interesting!

You’re making me consider going back to the default Roblox animator with this one!!
Seriously though, This is a monumental change. This will SEVERELY help in the creation of animation!
Amazing work everyone at Roblox who helped make this feature!

1 Like

This is actually a game changer for developers because we can’t all afford to buy these high end motion capture outfits and cameras. This allows us to do pretty much the same thing just using our phones. Great job team! :+1:

This is great animator ever seen, but think about changing developer on the platform, there result in to given in very moment can creator to be create animation on being using on new platform.

Like somehow they did about new features and animation on updates by dev’s team.

The YouTubers who did Fortnite dances videos can now do commissions.

1 Like

Im guessing it because the camera moves around.

3 Likes

This tool is incredibly useful as it makes animations that would take hours now possible with a video or two.

I am also surprised at how smooth it is, as seen below:

11 Likes

I’m normally super bad when it comes to animations, so this is a big big game changer!

3 Likes

This feature is amazing! Especially for solo developers like me, I know some animation but they’re not 100% perfect. So I kinda stopped and moved on with coding instead which I am really good at.
I cant wait to see other developers creations with this feature!

3 Likes

Why can’t we do this locally? I have a Kinect and the SDK for full-body VR tracking. It was possible over a decade ago and it’s definitely possible now.

3 Likes

Aren’t we supposed to have least 1 minute than just 15 seconds limit incase making story game?? i know that it depends on video length but 15 seconds are too short and i hate splitting each clips too!

also one problem and the reason why i didn’t use Default Animation editor is because it lags while I’m previewing (Too many keyframes), not only it lags but also crashed after leaving for 2 minutes.

2 Likes

I can’t want to make actually good fortnite animations :smiley:

3 Likes

Amazing feature! A great step forward to the future of Roblox and for solo developers.

2 Likes

@timetopretend8 Am I doing something wrong? My test video is of a person facing the screen doing a dance, when I import the video, everything appears to be fine. However, when the animation is selected it rotates the character 180 degrees in the Y axis at the start of the animation. It’s like it is applying the animation orientated in the same direction as the camera that filmed it but in Roblox by default characters are facing away from the camera.

6 Likes

They should add something like this for dynamic heads
Edit: they finally did it

5 Likes