Live Animation Creator [Beta]

I’ve been having some fun with this and it’s scary good, Props to the devs. Although the dummy npc always turns 180 degrees every time it’s loads and it’s weird. I tried re-recording but I face away but I get the same result? Is anybody else having the same issue?

6 Likes

this has to be the best roblox update that has come this year, theres so many opportunities waiting to happen. animating just got 200x more easier!

2 Likes

this implementation is simply revolutionary :star_struck:

11 Likes

I am astonished.

Jokes aside, I’m impressed with how well it tracks an otherwise really blurry and choppy video. As a solo dev, I’m excited to be able to use this to supplement my own lacking animation skills. Great update, and I cannot wait to see what other innovations Roblox has in store for animations.

25 Likes

Is great! I wish the time can be longer

2 Likes

I will be using this a ton as I suck at making animations via the Roblox Studio animation editor, and I prefer to be a solo developer. This is what I wanted since I heard of it coming to Roblox. The possibility with this feature is going to be truly endless and something I am excited to use this and work with it.

2 Likes

Cool :+1: :moyai:

23 Likes

To anyone wondering; no, it does not work with R6. Only the neck gets animated.

2 Likes

I already linked a plugin that allows you to convert it to R6.

3 Likes

No need to have an attitude; I was just saying that the direct, built in upload system does not work with R6.

1 Like

Wasn’t giving you attitude, the Developer Forum’s lack of embedding was irritating me.

3 Likes

the best part of this in my opinion is the highly refreshing sight of a classic avatar in an official roblox post tbh

4 Likes

I gotta say that solution seems really tedious, hope roblox fixes the issue soon

4 Likes

This is incredibly cool!

This is an awesome feature that creates a big competitive edge. This would have simplified my previous work by so many hours! I can’t wait to play around with this tool.

GG Roblox!!

1 Like

Looks great! Can’t wait to see this rolled out to the platform, this will really revolutionize the animation-industry within development.

1 Like

Im having way too much fun with this

29 Likes

is it possible to export a roblox animation as an fbx file?

if so, how?

1 Like

here is the easy fix
open blender and face the model to (y) and than export to .fbx

1 Like

It’s nice, I guess, but aren’t these resources which could be more heavily allocated elsewhere? The engine is so lacking in its current state and the decade-old tech we finally do get is missing so many features and control. I’d love to call this “the icing on top” if there were much of a cake to begin with, but even if that were the case, that’s all it is, it’s a supplemental feature which doesn’t add any potential to what you can make in the engine. This may have been a trivial use of resources, idk, but seeing stuff like this being actively worked on is frustrating, knowing I still can’t do some of the most basic of things, many of which are years down the line at the current pace

4 Likes

AYEEE! Looking through those names- I can’t explain how amazing this is!

2 Likes