Live Animation Creator [Beta]

Wow, this is just such a fantastic update! I think the best part about this is being able to create high-quality animations and proof-of-concepts for projects without having to know how to animate! Now if I am scripting something and need a quick animation to test things out, this will be the perfect tool to use! This is definitely a tool that we all wanted but just didn’t know it. Many many thanks to the team behind this great beta!

3 Likes

This is a really neat feature, it’s definitely going to prove helpful for my existing game, but I feel that animating by keyframes is not so much of a highly regarded skill anymore if anyone can just create Live Animations. :confused:

2 Likes

Amazing innovation that will really expand on the creative link between the Metaverse and reality. Not to mention the high level of realism that will now be even easier to implement. Well done to the team working hard on this.

1 Like

This was expected to come and it was said to come, but it’s coming so fast! :wind_face: :heart:

Endless thanks to all the staff, software engineers and others who contributed to the making of this. Roblox will now be a completely different platform! :pray:t2:

I would really like to get to know the tester man. :smile:

10 Likes

ok last one

pasta power

15 Likes

UNBELIEVABLE. I who had trouble with the animations, it could facilitate me greatly. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Now this! Looks very cool and I can say that this will shape this platform. We are going on the right path!

1 Like

This tech is not new in the industry. In fact, there is already a competitor that allows you to use videos to animate 3d models. You want it to be “hard” to make animations for what? prestige value to say you made an animation nobody else could easily make? Making games is not about that. It’s about allowing people to let their creativity go as far as they can imagine. IF someone isn’t good at manual animations and is able to produce a good animation with the new tech, why hate? I know some people are here to provide a service but the way you feel is the very sentiment with a lot of things not just with Roblox. Nobody wants to innovate anymore it’s all about who can claim they are the best at something instead of just showcasing and appreciate all creations.

3 Likes

I love this new feature, but it definitely needs some improvements (which is expected with new features like this). I think its amazing how it works
The animation was actually generated facing the other way, which is something that was mentioned in an earlier post. I hope this bug gets fixed soon

18 Likes

You probably can’t and/or shouldn’t use any animations from another game especially one that is copywritten. Those animations would probably be included under the copywrite.

4 Likes

The point is to CREATE. it shouldn’t matter who has the skills or not. As long as we have the tools to make it happen that’s all that matters. I promise a majority of those who can animate by keyframe wouldn’t be as technically sound when it comes to making something like, the roblox engine for example. We are using something someone else made and some company manages. All we need to learn is how to code in Lua. We didn’t need to understand the technical aspects to make any of it work just so we can make our games. Better yet, a feature like live animation video.

1 Like

That shouldn’t change anything?

I understand but in my opinion making it easy is going in the wrong direction. Learning about how to do things like that is always an improvement for the learner. It is supposed to be challenging. In my opinion, game development is one of the things that improves you in every way, and I personally want that to stay. I don’t have anything against the update either, I just find it useless. Not good, not bad, useless.

What I just typed above also applies for this.

I never said that I hated them. But they can improve. Some of us never thought that they would get into the points they currently are in.

In case you missed it, these were my personal opinions. You seem to disagree, and that’s OK. Me having a different opinion should be OK to you too.

I will be replying to your next reply here so the discussion doesn’t get too offtopic.

I’m not going to present any counterargument to this, I can, but I don’t want to make this discussion longer. All I’d like to say is that what I don’t want people to do is to see this as an ultra-revolutionary change and get too used to it.

:+1:

Roblox isn’t hard at all. In fact. the programming language Lua, while that’s not the most top-level language but it’s probably the most fun and EASIST to use. Compared to game developing back in the days, we all have it easy now. we’ve got built IDEs to use instead of having to build our own. IDEs like Unity, Unreal, Roblox, Core, Crayta, GoDot, etc etc etc. They come with plugins and tools to make things EASIER. Making games shouldn’t be HARD. building a game engine should because in order to make a game you have to cover the technical aspects. Knowing how to code your game is an art, but it is only as hard as your understanding of the code, not your technical incompetence of the game engine. You should be able to learn the disciplines required for a smooth experience. But without the inner workings of the engine, which probably takes a great deal of knowledge, we would have a lot more to worry about. Imagine having to animate in roblox WITHOUT the animation editor that was built for us to use? What if you had to create your own animations in other programs and figure out how to get it down the pipeline to Roblox. Game tech is improving to be more accessible allowing for all creative people to showcase. And I don’t mind your opinion :wink: That’s what we are here for

3 Likes

this is the best use of roblox’s technologies that could have possibly been added amidst all of the bad updates, animating is a whole process not many people have the time to learn, and being able to mocap without a $30k bodysuit will be amazing

2 Likes

Another W for Computer Vision.

1 Like

A neat attempt, but I can tell the AI (or whatever it is) is having trouble figuring out what to do with what it’s being shown due to “Mario” teleporting around at times. I’m sure the video as blurry as it is can also affect its guesswork.

For things like this, perhaps you should record yourself or find a video of someone recreating the dance.

This update is pretty cool, and I remember hearing about it a while back when it was in its early stages. I can’t wait to see what else people do with it! :smile:

Sounds to me like someone is stuck in the past :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

This is going to be how new Roblox emotes are made! Nice work, Roblox!

1 Like

I am not going to lie, this was the feature for me when it came to animations.

For the kicks and giggles, I tested this feature out with that Friday the 13th Game dance and surprisingly, it does work with two drawbacks:
The models look at the back instead of the front, and there’s some jittering in certain frames mainly because of the video. Other than that, it really works! (Animation was imported to other rigs via Moon, I used the Live Animation Creator from the stock animation plugin.)

9 Likes

YOO THAT’S ACTUALLY GOOD, I tried it with the Goopie dance when it came out and honestly I never want to see it ever again xD

1 Like