Live Scripting Full Release

W change fr. When I thought team create was gonna be a thing, I had a feeling this was also gonna be added but it took them this long to add something like that. Better late than never I guess.

13 Likes

Live scripting is not enabled if your team create is disabled.

18 Likes

A general PSA for anyone using Rojo: you should start using Rojo 7.4 for new work because older versions don’t use the updated API for writing script sources.

32 Likes

yeah definitely, you can use drafts mode instead

15 Likes

This will be really useful for teaching my friend scripting, as we have just been swapping share screens.

12 Likes

Holy cow, this is amazing! All I need now is an event to detect if a commit has been fully committed (already has been suggested and is here) and my workflow will be unmatched! Thanks team!

14 Likes

The option to work on a script at the same time as somebody else helps tremendously when working on a large project with multiple scripters, or when you want to teach somebody else how to script. A feature like this exists in other collaborative applications like google docs, one note, vscode, etc. But if you disagree, the best part about this is that it is fully optional.

17 Likes

most valid usecase ever ngl, anything for the homies

13 Likes

68 Likes

Honey wake up, script editor multiplayer has dropped.

This looks awesome, can’t wait to try this with a few friends and see how chaotic fun that will get designing systems together.
I usually script alone I think if I suddenly throw myself into a studio session with a few friends it’s gonna be like “throw him into water and see if he swims” kind of deal.

I’d imagine this might be most useful for big studios though who can now let their devs work on the same framework at the same time and edit scripts live.

13 Likes

i can see myself using this when my friend goes afk!

10 Likes

This is a feature I and other developers have been wanting for a very long time. Amazing work! :heart:

12 Likes

Excellent job, team Roblox! This revolutionary feature will help my friends and me when we have to code features collaboratively.

12 Likes

That’s an awesome update. Finally I can code with da boes

10 Likes

What is happening to Drafts? Also no opt-out is ridicious, why are you forcing this on people who don’t want it on by default. Please add a preferences tab for things like this into studio settings, setting up and using studio in new places is frustrating when I have to constantly adjust things like StreamingEnabled being on by default.

10 Likes

If multiple people were familiar with the framework, multiple people being able to edit a script at once would increase the speed of completing something exponentially. You could have each person work on different functions and systems for the script to get it done quicker. I personally loved using Live Scripting during the game jam.

12 Likes

name one reason u would turn streaming enabled off

7 Likes

That’s awesome! Nice job to everyone.

10 Likes

Users can still switch to Draft mode; we are not removing it with this announcement. As we mentioned, we recognize the ongoing need to isolate work from remote collaborators.

12 Likes

RCC must like this update.
Seriously, good job.

8 Likes