Live Scripting Full Release

Very good! I’ve been using the beta with a couple of my developers for a while. Nice to see that it’s finally out.
One question however, why are some of the text colors different in the gif?

3 Likes

How did they do that thing in the demo video where a bunch of the same words are highlighted and edit them all at the same time?? I need to know this.

Seems like a great update for all the seasoned scripters though. If a bunch of beginner/intermediates like me were on the same script though, it would be a disaster. :face_with_spiral_eyes: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Excellent! Now I can code with my friends. Great job Roblox team!

4 Likes

It’s magic from Multi Cursor, you can add extra cursor by alt + click. There are also few other ways to add extra cursor.

7 Likes

I dunno about you, but I never use it, because last I checked there’s no fine-grain control over exactly what gets replicated. I’d rather low end devices not be able to play my games than have stuff break because of undefined “does this exist” behaviour, myself.

As for the actual feature in the topic: Looks great! I will still use local files and sending said files over Discord instead of team create though. Personal preference, would rather not have a server involved at all, even if the connection is reliable.

2 Likes

You can use Model LODs to make models visible when streamed out.

3 Likes

well that’s pretty cool, positive change roblox

2 Likes

I definitely recommend using the Script Analysis widget that tells you the script errors and warnings throughout your place.

One immediate benefit is that you don’t have to wait for your fellow scripter to come back if they start working on a script, save something half finished, then leave. You can fix or comment out their code while they are away.

3 Likes

I’m all down for the ability to edit with multiple people. Being able to teach others how to code with ease is also a really big plus, and being able to work together in script editing will definitely speed things up, significantly if coordinated.

Thanks Roblox!

2 Likes

This is insanely useful. I’ve been wanting something like this forever. Now I can teach my friends scripting.

2 Likes

this feature’s great and has already been really useful! but i’ve been having an issue where some stuff doesn’t indent for some reason.. this post explains it: Script Editor Formatting Issue When Team Create is Enabled

any chance this could be fixed soon? thanks

5 Likes

Ey! Nice! These past month’s has been awesome with These Announcements.

2 Likes

Love it, will be really useful for people who have a huge team of devs.

2 Likes

This is all well and good but will this have any performance ramifications? I frequently develop with a South American friend of mine and if he has any connection issues that would affect everyone on the team.

Really not a fan of this being forced on us, by the way.

3 Likes

Not every game dev wants streaming enabled in their game. It can especially be a pain for devs who have huge environments that they want players to be able to see, or if they have custom replication.

• Some devs may have their own rendering system that is more fit for their purposes, and streaming doesn’t work for them.

• Some older games depend on streaming being turned off to even function properly. Turning on streaming would require an overhaul of how their game works for it.

• Some people just… don’t want streaming turned on. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hi @AlteFore, we understand your concerns, which is why we are not removing Draft mode, as it requires a lower internet connection stability. If internet connectivity is a concern for your team, we suggest using Draft mode. We promise to continue improving Live Scripting to accommodate such extreme situations.

4 Likes

FR, thats is a better performance for team scripting

1 Like

finally this had been a dream of mine for a long time now!

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for the clarification. That does make things better.

2 Likes

That’s cool and all but how do I turn on the * indicator for script changes, this feature seems to completely disable it and I can’t figure out how to turn it back on

1 Like