Location Data from Blender to Roblox Studio does not work

I click yes to apply location data and no to resizing my mesh when exporting my mesh to Roblox Studio, yet it never seems to match up.
I saw a similar thread to this: Location data on Meshes don't seem to be working properly? But all solutions listed did not work. I’ve tried applying the location, rotation.etc and more. Please help, I’ve been trying to work with this for a while now but it just never seems to match up…

1 Like

I’m not sure about this, can you not just move it to the correct spot inside studio? Or go to properties and fill in the correct position values x,y,z

Moving it in the correct spot just never seems to work as I usually can never get it in perfectly. The position values don’t work either for some reason…

The problem is still happening with some of my other mesh parts as well.

This will help you.

1 Like

Try to bulk import them using Wavefront (.obj) groups.

How to do this:

On export, scroll down in the Export OBJ tab and enable Objects as OBJ Groups.
Make sure to disable Objects as OBJ Objects as this will be the default.

OBJ_Group

Import the OBJ group through the Game Explorer tab just like you did for the individual objects.

GE_Import

That should’ve seperated the objects during upload.
Now: select all your objects, right click and click the Insert with location button.

IwL

If this for some reason did not fix it, give FBX (.fbx) a shot. And if all else fails, forward it to an engineer.

Good luck.

1 Like

your thread talks about how to scale the blender file accurately to the roblox model, i think, i needed this anyways though so thank you lol. my problem was that when i imported an object to roblox, the location data on blender would not align and my multiple meshparts that i imported wouldnt be together like how it was in blender.
please tell me if that was a sloppy way of explaining it.

Actually my scaling solution also has Location data, if you import it with the correct settings it might work.

1 Like

thank you so much!!, putting it as fbx all for apply scaling and inserting it with location worked.