Lock replies in announcements to only regulars+

This wouldn’t make the forum any better since

2 Likes

If that’s the case, staff will be able to respond quicker to flags in those replies due to the lower number of replies.

I’m trying to make it so that we can ask questions and express our concerns and receive responses from staff, it’s pretty hard to do that currently with the high volume of responses.

2 Likes

I’ll agree with this once a replacement for Post Approval is discovered

3 Likes

I disagree, tho I’m a member I still leave feedback. Locking #updates:announcements to only be regular+ doesn’t make sense, about 70-80%ish are visitors/members. And if they lock it, about 20-50% are going to leave and go to the roblox discord or other unofficial ones.

2 Likes

This happens along with this:

Duplicate replies of same question are sent every time I check there. Majority of the replies are also similar in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations category.

2 Likes

I can count the worst regular offenders on my hands, they don’t create as much clutter as hundreds of new members trying to post whatever they can to get attention and a sense of helping.

5 Likes

As Wooley mentioned but not enough about flagging not being enough, Regulars+ contribute the same when it comes to point things to change or fix, but with a lot more professionalism and experience in the forums.

1 Like

I disagree, but at the same time I also kinda agree.

As a member who has been in the DevForum for roughly about a year, I saw many replies to #updates:announcements all the time about biw they love(and probably only love) specific updates. But removing this power to members can limit the bugs/concerns of basically maybe about 75% of the DevForum users using DevForum, since becoming a regular is practically impossible at the moment.

Keeping the replies on for members can be very crucial at the same time as those who just say “Wow! I love this update!”

1 Like

I disagree, they disabled the way to get other roles other than the first role. So its not like anyone can even post there if that was a feature but it makes absolutely no sense to lock new developers (or just anyone) from asking questions. Questions are the number one way to learn!

They’re not interested in moderating against these posts, so this feature request has 0 chance.

Also it is not appropriate to put more things behind trust level barriers considering there is no way to get a higher trust level currently and distinction between trust levels causes a toxic atmosphere. Furthermore, I see plenty of Regulars making crap posts there all the time as well.

19 Likes

A big no. I know most of community here hates people who literally write 5 paragraphs after 3 seconds topic got created/unlocked, this includes not regulars. They do common stuff and their opinion is needed. Just because someone don’t know rules, all members shouldn’t be hurt with it. Moderation team is doing their job well and they delete such posts.

You can report this so there isn’t any situation happening. I can myself say that moderation team is deleting that replies because I witnessed it few times.

2 Likes

The forum isn’t useless. There are other categories that you can reply and create posts in.

Since the Regular role is no longer attainable, there are many members that are trustworthy but do not have the regular role. It may be a fix for you, since you are a regular, but think about others. What would you think if you were a member and were trustworthy? You would disagree with locking replies in announcments.

It sounds like a better solution to your problem is just improving Roblox moderation. It is Roblox’s job to improve moderation, so it is logical to improve moderation instead of limiting a majority of users to important categories.

6 Likes

Yes it is. We are already greatly limited in where we can post and reply.

1 Like

Ironically, a lot of you want to take away our privileges in those categories too, such as Development Discussion.

3 Likes

I disagree. Members are pretty much equal to regulars now, they just don’t have access to platform feedback. However, you can still file bugs by messaging deveng.

Personally, I think replies on announcements should be removed altogether. Most of them are filler and Platform Feedback exists for a reason. The few constructive replies usually move to a feature request, so might as well accelerate that process.

Even regulars pump out low quality replies now, so Roblox can either enforce the rules more strictly, or shut it down.

5 Likes

You aren’t getting the point of this request. I’m requesting this because we aren’t getting our concerns/questions addressed by staff member. I’m not promoting such “elitism” with this request, that is beyond what I’m asking for.

Because of the unneeded spam and non-contributions to the post, it makes it not only harder for those who have questions/concerns to get addresses, but makes it hard on staff to answer them and moderation to remove the unneeded replies.

You guys have a lot of access to posting and replying, I don’t understand why you aren’t happy with this request when it’s setup like this for #updates:release-notes

1 Like

This would be a very bad idea, especially as you can’t become a regular anymore.

5 Likes

We aren’t happy because I have seen many posts like these that want to limit what members can do. For example, I once saw a post that wanted to remove member access to #development-discussion , which is over the top.

What I suggested is that instead of removing access to certain places from members, Roblox just needs to improve moderation.

Also, I noticed that everyone that is replying to me is a regular, so I understand why you would disagree with me,

4 Likes

Out of all the replies to this topic, this post makes most sense. Adding onto the poll idea, I believe it would be better to have Roblox set up polls before adding anything new, too. The most recent announcements have received a majority of negative feedback, mostly because Roblox wasn’t fully aware of what developers wanted - the new material overhaul being an example.
Roblox is spending a lot of time designing and developing a new feature, only to have to re-structure it down from its roots just because they haven’t set up any polls prior to beginning it’s development to see what people have to say.

3 Likes