Hi, I’m GeorgeTheDev. I’ve been on the platform for many years and can do many things of particular value, however coding is not my strong suit, meaning I need to find a coder for the Fall Accelerator program. I will be handling 3D Modeling, Graphic Design, UI Design, Map Design & more as apart of the game.
About The Position
To be chosen as my coding compadre, you must be able to fit the following requirements:
- Have a portfolio of projects you’ve coded
- Be 18+
- Be eligible for the Accelerator Program
- If you are not from the USA, you will need to qualify for a J-1 US exchange Visa. This means you need to either already be enrolled full-time in a form of University of have graduated within the last year.
- Be able to live & work in San Mateo for a period of 12 weeks during September to December (Exact dates are chosen after acceptance)
- Be able to continue with the interview process that I’m already involved in (i.e. Voice Call Interviews with DevRel)
- Be comfortable coding the following:
- UI Animations / Basic UI Coding
- Player Animation Coding (You will not be expected to make the anims, just run them through code)
- Data Stores for Character Customization
- Custom Character Movement (on a Skateboard)
Just to Clarify
If you are chosen, this does not mean you (we) are accepted into doing an internship this fall. We will still have to go through interviews with DevRel to determine that, however, this is your only chance (now) to possibly take part in the 2019 Fall Internship, if you hadn’t already applied. For specific questions about the Accelerator Program, check this thread.
As far as the revenue on the game, we can discuss throughout the process of how much equity each of us would like in the game, however currently I’m looking towards a 50/50 split. While working at Roblox as Interns, we will be paid to make the game essentially. So, any revenue that comes from the game afterwards is just a bonus for completing a well thought out game in the span of 12 weeks.
You can contact me here on the Developer Forum or Discord @ GeorgeTheDev#2255 for more information about the game idea that I’ve pitched & whether you’d be the right fit.