[Looking for Feedback] Granular Syntax Highlighting

This is still live, I think. We can team up to bring it back! :eyes:

Also, would this work with different things?

-- TODO: Hello
-- HelloWorld: would this work?
1 Like

Iirc didn’t an older version of studio use VSCode coloring? I have an install of studio where I had settings pulled from a very (very) old version of studio, and, I never bothered to change them but interestingly a side effect was that I had super cool VSCode syntax coloring which I didn’t remember ever having in studio from that time.

This looks awesome! Can’t wait until it’s released.

We’re seeing that making self the same color as other keywords would be a better choice.
Would you prefer if the type expressions in line 33 and line 34 would be blue instead of green?

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! We’re excited to work on this :smiley:
You can always change to color of the current line highlighting from the settings menu! We will think about other options such as the box outline

Thank you so much for the feedback!
We’re looking at some of your suggestions right now :slight_smile:
We recently released the tab cycling feature (using ctrl+space) which is also a customizable in File > Advanced > Customize Shortcut menu

I’m sure I’d get used to any color, but blue is sort of familiar to me with VS code. As long as it’s a color that stands out from the other colors in the light/dark themes, it would be very useful. Right now it’s too close to strings on the dark theme, and too close to special identifiers on the light theme.

1 Like

Looking pretty good so far. :+1:

Hey @loueque!
We’re aiming to release the first version of this by the end of the year :smiley:
Yup we will allow changing these colors from the settings menu.
Regarding your last question we’re not sure but we can look into it.

5 Likes

This is great, I know we were able to change colors before, but does this mean we will be able to save multiple presets.

This said the new, I’m guessing it’s new because there never used to be a highlight on the line you are on (which I disabled).

[Before this change/post happened]
However it’s stuck on the light theme and I use dark theme studio, I tried changing the colors in settings to dark mode colors, but it never saves when I close out of studio and reopen it. I got a plug-in that has different themes, for quick change in the mean time.

Yoooo! It’s LuaU time, bay-bee! :confetti_ball:

Not a huge fan of the boolean colors on dark mode, but apart from that it’s looking good. Custom colors would be a huge help.

They are customizable so you can change them to your liking. That picture I’m pretty sure was just an example of the new syntax highlighting.

type should be colored like on like 33 and the type name should be green.

1 Like

new isn’t a method, it’s a function
Ok, this is epic.

Having the ability to get stuff treated as it’s special instead of just being plain white is probably the best thing ever.

Also custom themes pog?

1 Like

That’s cool and all but dis you guys ever tough about using a better font? The current font suck for programming. Why not use jetbrains mono instead.

Not very hyped with the default colors,
but really happy to finally be able to create completely custom color themes for non-keywords as well!

You can use custom fonts under studio settings. I’m using Fira Code rn and it works perfectly.

1 Like

I really like where this is going, since its kind of mixing a small part of other programming languages’s syntax.

I am really excited for this! Non programmers are probably wondering why everyone’s so excited about a new color scheme lol. Not only does it look better, it will be easier to read as almost everything seems to be color coded.

2 Likes