Lowering the price of private servers should not cancel all existing subscriptions

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too costly to lower the price of private servers.

I want to reduce the price of my private servers to benefit my players. However, doing so will cancel ALL the existing subscriptions.

I am guessing the original intention was to prevent developers from suddenly increasing the price and overcharging their players. However, lowering the price is an absolute win for players and shouldn’t be punished.

95 Likes

In light of the recent change to private servers’ configuration page, I wanted to bump this along with another thread from a few years ago that provides some more insight into the situation - since my comment on the announcement post was abruptly deleted.

Don’t cancel VIP servers from changing the price - Feature Requests / Website Features - DevForum | Roblox

It would be nice to have the private server subscribers receive a notice that the price has increased, and offer them a yes/no dialog to continue renewing - but I see no reason why we can’t lower server costs without cancelling every existing subscription. This is bad UX all around.

6 Likes

When you change the price of a private server It shouldn’t cancel them, but it should just turn off auto renewal so accidental purchases don’t happen. Unfortunately I don’t think roblox will implement this even though it would be a great feature.

2 Likes