Macaw | Terrain

Your use of terrain is stunning. If I have any projects with terrain in them in the future, I’ll gladly pay for this level of work.

As for your plant models, I would recommend using terrain in the Build V4 tools plugin. It can rotate parts from the end of other parts, which is something that could improve the look of your plants.

1 Like

Thank you so much! It really means a lot. I’m glad you like my terrain. :smiley:

And:

Thanks for the advice, I’ll probably try out and use the plugin later. :slight_smile:

I just got a chance to work with Macaw and he is awesome! He is super easy to work with and he will easily make adjustments based off of what you want. I personally cannot terrain to save my life so it was great to have someone do that for me. I recommend Macaw 100% and I hope to work with them in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! It’s been a pleasure to work with you too, and I also hope you also get hired. :grinning:

Added Floating Horizons. A small, fantasy-ish build.

4 Likes

I added red planet! It’s a small showcase on a red planet. It’s sunset, and it’s covered in red shrubbery.

8 Likes

Added Canadian Forest. It’s a cold, cloudy place…

4 Likes

Here’s a forested floating island!

12 Likes

Dude… that is just… just E P I C

You are a better terrain editor than me honestly. Im not very experienced with a lot of stuff in studio (Scripting, Building etc.)

Your terrain builds are absolutely fantastic and so good that you should be on an all time terrain contest.

2 Likes

How do you even manage to get this good at terrain creation?

1 Like

I vouch for Macaw, he is just great, very trustworthy and has great communication skills. I don’t really know where he is getting so many ideas from, he is a very creative person.

2 Likes

I contacted you! I am Nv#2008 I look forward to talking with you.

1 Like

Hey, I need somebody to make a canadian landscape. What are your costs?

2 Likes

Contacted on discord, my user is Kakashi#0001.

1 Like

WAAAAit!! Woahhhhh! My mouth literally fell open for 10 seconds when seeing these projects! They’re truely amazing!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Just added a map full of lush cliffs to my portfolio!

5 Likes

Hey M_Caw. I stumbled on this older topic from your highlighted topic on your profile and it got me wondering. How did you make the river without the water pushing out the bottom of the grass baseplate? Every time I make a river I usually put water on the surface and it cuts all the way through the ground. I can’t seem to find a fix for this, I even tried lowering the intensity of the terrain editor.

1 Like

Hi, I have a few methods.

Method 1.

I make a dry bed for where a body of water should be located, then fill in the gap with Sea Level or the Replace tool. This ensures the channel retains it’s shape while water fills in the gap. Make the hole like you would with any other terrain. Cons: Only works with flat bodies of water, or you’ll have to deal with terraces.

This is the method I used for the river above. For rivers that are sloped, go to method 2.

Method 2.

Using the paint tool, slash where you want water to be on an area without a predetermined hole like method 1. The size of the brush determines the depth, how far left of right you move the brush determines how wide the channel will be. Afterwards you can always edit the riverbed if you wish.

slashgif

This list is not exhaustive, these are just my two favorite methods. I hope this aided you in your terrain editing.

4 Likes

Okay umm

you have to teach me your skills one day :smile:

Amazed and impressed by your work, you are one talented fella who can rock both terrain design and lighting (as a builder I can’t design terrain lol). Keep up the good effort, your works don’t fail to impress me. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, M_Caw! This is going to help me out in a game I’m working on!

1 Like