What are you working on currently? (2020)

Breakout except it’s very buggy and softlocks sometimes.

30 Likes

Reminds me of an old game that I used to play when I was young.

4 Likes

I am working on some sort of arcady game , I don’t know what, it’s still not out of design phase but it would be something with simple but fun mechanics and lowpoly non-cartoonish smooth plastic art. I’ll post some pictures and stuff here later once I have a working prototype, maybe.

2 Likes

I wonder what game that could be. :thinking:

4 Likes

Some progress on unit placement! :open_mouth:

As shown, ships won’t move until they are facing their objective. Each ship has its own steering/agility value, which defines how fast they can turn. Heavier spaceships (e.g. motherships) will tend to turn slower than lighter ones, like fighters.

This will allow tactical combat be an important part of the game (besides pure strategy)! :chess_pawn:

Enemy spacecraft spotted!

This system is on a very early stage of development; currently, bullets are simply a headline from the center of a ship to that of the target. Good news are there’s a lot of room for improvement!

Aftermath of the first battle test:

Follow the game to be notified when it is released!

Also, take a look at the Twitter posts for frequent sneak peeks!

14 Likes

A forested, floating island. Once again, thanks to @VlachSlv for his amazing tree pack. Rock meshes were made by @Lolaphobia and the vines were a free model.

54 Likes

Currently working on a space conquest RTS game. Current progress:

39 Likes

was bored today and took a few hours to make this

currently all you can do is pan the camera, zoom in and out, and lock on to targets.
if anyone wants to check it out the link is below

https://www.roblox.com/games/5648097829/jbjgang2s-Place-Number-290#!/game-instances

EDIT - Added ability to shoot by pressing R

24 Likes

Im currently working on an fps weapons module.
objective: trying make it as well made as i can.

Current Progress: https://gyazo.com/7fcb551e5410f5a6722e38f906cba6b4

(The Glock 17 model is made by @Alex25Torres)

4 Likes

That looks pretty sick :wink:

Keep us updated. I don’t want to miss A THING

2 Likes

Oh, nice job! Can’t wait to play it when it’s done.

It seems to me the game is quite similar to a strategy game I worked on a few years ago.

The map would be a galaxy, and each star system would contain planets players could interact with. Ships would’ve moved inside the planetary system or sent to other systems through “hyperspace” (edges).

Screenshots:

This galaxy was inspired on M83, and was made of 69 nodes (a black hole and 108 stars orbitted by 308 planets) and 159 edges. The simplicity of the map generator would have allowed for a huge variety of galaxies. Individual star systems would’ve looked like this:

Sadly, I abandoned it because I thought matches would last too long since the map was colossal. (Not everything was lost though, some assets are being reused in a new project.)

Would you please mind sharing your gameplay concept, in which map size is not an obstacle for a reasonable game pace?

5 Likes

M_cawBuilder, stunning landscape detail! Thank you for this beautiful environment.

2 Likes

Made my terrain generator compatible with freecam :slight_smile:

Note that this game is far from finished, and before I release it, the terrain will be made out of cubes / parts instead of smooth terrain.

5 Likes

Well nevermind, might be running a lot later since I just lost tons of progress…
I opened up Studio just now, and clicked on the file I had my game saved in. It started loading it as usual, and then a popup came up saying “SerializerPugi::deserializeImpl ill-formed XML.”

This is what ragdoll games are missing lol

2 Likes

I worked on a transition for my personal project.

76 Likes

Wow!
That looks amazing! Well done!
How did you do it?

2 Likes

For the squares popping in and out from the center, I used my own module. In essence, I used a pattern of odd number’s squares for the square frames to wrap around the last layer. (i.e. 1^2, 3^2, 5^2). I used stud scaling based on the device dimensions (length of the longest dimension divided by 8.5), and anchored them all at Vector2.new(0.5,0.5) to get them centered.

The chyron, I did a rotation and messed around with tweening for them. Used string.sub for the hint message, too!

3 Likes

Making a map based on Naruto, all 5 villages.
Sunagakure finished.
Iwagakure: What are you working on currently? (2020) - #3953 by Nikoverc

31 Likes

Opinions?

3 Likes