macOS cursor freezes when taking a free form screenshot or opening emoji picker

I accidentally press the Function key all the time, which opens up the emoji picker. When I do that, the cursor freezes in the last position I had it at.

When you take a screenshot with Command + Shift + 4, it does the same thing, however, Command + Shift + 3 works just fine.

Video

Workaround:

Press Command + Tab or Tab Switcher, then go back to the Roblox Client, move your cursor where you want it to go, then if you want to move it again, repeat the process.
Eventually doing this a couple of times will result in normal behavior with the cursor.

If you want to take a free form screenshot, use QuickTime Player.

Device Specifications:

CPU/GPU: Apple M1
Ram: 8 GB
Storage: 512 GB SSD
Model: MacBook Air M1

Expected Behavior:

You should be able to open the emoji picker and take a screenshot with Command + Shift + 4 with no problems.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

This appears to be the same bug.

1 Like

this happens to me all the time, nobody really cares about mac anymore these days and i can’t even run a bootcamp on my computer due to an error, this is a major problem

1 Like

Was unable to find that. I searched screenshot, emojis, and mouse freezing, but they all seemed to be Windows related issues.

If you are getting this error, you probably have an M1 Mac like me. BootCamp isn’t supported yet.

I am a M1 user, but I am somewhat sure that this is a bug caused by Rosetta translation, since I have never encountered this before in my older Intel macs

1 Like

Hahah yes my macos do that but it’s only appears when I play game for hours soo it’s inda rare.

1 Like

it’s a partitioning error and i tried for hours to fix it, it doesn’t look like i have a choice but to take a backup and wipe my mac, i’m on an intel mac btw

i gave up trying after a week of not using any of my free time at all.

1 Like

It seems that @Those_Developers is on an Intel Mac, and seems to be having the issues.