How to use the Roblox App Beta (Mac & Windows)

A WORKAROUND FOR MACOS IS HERE!
Just input this into Chrome. This will not work with Safari:
This is also opt in! Only do it once, then click the Roblox icon on your dock or launchpad!

roblox-player:+launchmode:app+robloxLocale:en_us+gameLocale:en_us+LaunchExp:InApp

Now if this doesn’t work for you, try updating to macOS Big Sur. If it still doesn’t work, PM Me.

Message to Windows haters, specifically @R0bl0x10501050

Bruh. You probably have an old Mac. Macs are a lot better, and even though Roblox is not optimized for M1 yet, Roblox is running like a champ, even if I were to open stuff.

These happen on WINDOWS! Lol.

Idk what you mean by these. Never had these. Also, explain why most Roblox admins use mac? Also Mac seems a lot more polished than Windows.

1 Like

Does this have the same issue as the equivalent of this protocol thing on Windows? There was something similar to Windows but the issue is that you would have to log in everytime you did that.

1 Like

I am unaware of any issues with the macOS version besides the same issues caused because Roblox is not optimized by the M1 Chip yet. Can you explain this further please?

There was basically this same little URL you can call on chrome, but on Windows, but it would not maintain logins between sessions, so next time you tried to open roblox this way it would ask you to log-in again, and it’s pretty annoying.

Does this happen with this on macOS? As you said it doesn’t need to be ran again, but I don’t know about login, as when you’re trying to cheat to get into the beta you usually get some login issues so I’m not sure :sweat_smile:

No, you only need to run it once, and it will actually opt you into the beta! No logging out issue. A lot more convenient than the Windows version.

1 Like

Yeah, these are the only issues that I face with the macOS version, which also occur in the main version.

1. You need to use Mission Control to change windows, or to even exit full screen. (Caused by Rosetta)
  2. This:

(Also caused by Rosetta)

1 Like

By the way, that code works for me too and keeps the beta logged in. (Windows)
I think honestly roblox was like ‘heh let’s just people cheat to test this’, cause this wasn’t working a while ago, and now it seems like one of the best ways.

I’ll be changing the topic to list this method instead soon. Thanks for the suggestion!

@R0bl0x10501050 @LocalWE please don’t make this into a mac vs windows discussion :+1: if anything go on dms

2 Likes

Oh yeah, something to add, Roblox updated just now, and kept me logged in!

1 Like

8GB of RAM should be quite fine for only Roblox running on a Macbook Pro (High Sierra).

I have run Studio on a multitude of devices, and this behavior tends to occur much more frequently on Macbooks than on Windows machines. Maybe it’s you who has a bad PC.

Not proof it doesn’t exist. I, on the other hand, have several recordings of icons flickering and right-drag not working altogether - and yes, before you ask, I was using a mouse.

This is not a debate about which OS is superior. Both Windows and macOS have their advantages, and for all we know this can be a personal preference as they may want a reliable computer on the go. Do you actually think the admins are making Roblox games during their work time?

This is an opinion, not a fact.

@LucasMZ_RBX
I would prefer not to go into an in-depth, pointless argument about whether Windows or macOS is better either. As I said earlier, they have their advantages, but I personally and through experience believe Windows is superior in terms of Roblox game development.

That aside, however…

Finally!
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally find it doesn’t keep me logged in normally anyways, as well as a few others

For me the first time you do it then you can join anytime via the icon or via the browser and you’ll be in the new app experience, but trying again through the code logs you off again.

I got the app to work, but when I try to customize my avatar this happens:

Did I do something wrong?

3 Likes

That’s why Roblox Windows App Beta is called Roblox Windows App Beta. Not everything in this app is perfect. If you notice a bug, PM the bug reports team and they’ll file a ticket to fix it.

1 Like

@iiplayblo_x try leaving the beta and getting back in. That fixed the app to me.

You can do that going into the settings inside the app.

3 Likes

at the end, i prefer linux lol , windows and mac are still very good however , linux is the king of customization , even if we have to use grapejuice/wine it runs very fine , one thing i noticed . i installed lubuntu(a fork of ubuntu that can run on EVEN 64MB of ram and still run) on a 1gb ram computer , roblox ran better than my main with 4gigs , :ohmy:

(by roblox i mean both studio and player)

Why did you reply to me instead of her?

Hey, I had the same issue as the person above. I put quotation marks but when I pressed apply the quotation marks disappeared. Any help please?
This is what I did:
“C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-99b3c098642d411d\RobloxPlayerBeta.exe” -app

Try putting --app instead of -app.

1 Like

like this?

1 Like

it still comes up with this error