Major Issue with Roblox performance and frame rate

I’m also experiencing this, I have an RTX 3060 laptop with an i7-10750H and most games I play, even on the lowest graphics settings, have an average FPS of 60, and constantly drops down lower.

3 Likes

this has been happening precisely to me as well same specs as well except mine have 32GB of ram + it being a desktop

3 Likes

I swear to god try this on Windows 10

2 Likes

I don’t really like Windows 10 that much, so I won’t try it.

2 Likes

The game is constantly lagging when there are a lot of players.

6 Likes

It’s been a while since I played, perhaps even 6/12. I got on to play yesterday and I noticed my cursor is lagging even in the roblox app itself (from the Microsoft Store), and then joining a game doesn’t change that - I also get a laggy cursor and otherwise poor performance in games.

2 Likes

Microsoft Store version is even more flawed compared to the already ruined roblox player

1 Like

@KiFilterFiberContext Can we please get an update on this? And can it be investigated and fixed? I am still experiencing the issue on of all devices that I have that didn’t had any performance issues or at least have the same severity of the issue before. It’s been almost 2 months since this bug report was made and the issue still isn’t fixed for many people.

4 Likes

After a long time of waiting around, the supposed “softcap” of fps I’ve been having earlier hasn’t been happening as much.

However, the issue regarding keyboard input causing lag spikes/high usage for no reason, is still happening…
In most cases this could be excusable, as there usually isn’t any need to press keys repeatedly in most games.

Though, for example, rhythm games (i.e. Funky Friday, has been in The Games event.) require the aforementioned input from the player to hit the notes. And having a lot of notes, the player would have to press a lot of buttons at a fast pace. This would cause tremendous lag spikes, making it near unplayable.
For higher end computers, this might not be an issue. But to lower end ones, the impact is visible.

This is what exactly I’ve been going through the past few days.

2 Likes

@KiFilterFiberContext my game is unplayable, everyone is complaining about the lag. And it’s been months.

2 Likes

Do you mean on Celeron or Pentium processors? On my Core i3 - Second generation, there’s no lag spikes while pressing the keys, even alot of them

• CPU - Core i3-2nd gen
  • RAM - 8GB
  • Graphics - Intel HD graphics
  • OS - Windows 10

I am not sure if the issue I am experiencing is the same as yours, but whenever I play Roblox on one of the PCs I have, the keyboard gets so laggy for Roblox and all other applications. Closing Roblox fixes the issue. It’s something like the copy-paste bug where it affects the entire OS. Also sometimes messages in chat would get sent without me pressing the enter key or send button, this happens on all of the PCs I have, however it would frequently happen to a specific one while in rare cases to the others.

Yeah, my CPU is a Pentium. Intel Pentium N3540 2.16 GHz.
But this didn’t happen before, just really gotten worse after the FPS Cap update.

2 Likes

For some reason, Roblox really likes to interfere with the keyboard. I’ve had my copy paste fail on me multiple times because of Roblox, but this used to happen even before the FPS cap update.

I found my workaround for that, by trying to copy things on Roblox, pasting them somewhere else, maybe try to edit them there and copying from there.
(For example, you copy something but when you paste it on roblox, its something you previously copied and not what you actually did. Through browser, I paste whatever was copied, copy it again and then copy ANOTHER thing. For some reason it’ll then copy the right thing.)

I’m not exactly sure if this works for everyone, but it does for me.

Fortunately, the copy paste bug got fixed with release 637.

1 Like

Anti cheat causing the game to take 10 seconds to load and freeze in white screen while loading is fixed, yet nothing happened with the CPU overheads / lags

2 Likes

Employees or staff need to be notified about this real bad.

5 Likes

Problem still not fixed. Roblox or their employees, we need help. Stop non-stop deleting my messages and actually reach out to affected people. It is impossible to play this game with stuttery framerate.

4 Likes

I started experiencing this issue yesterday, Im getting about half the frames I would usually get. Idk if this is unrelated but it may be due to my graphics, there at the lowest but visually I can tell there not at the lowest

2 Likes

Screenshot both, then compare them. there is a difference…

1 Like