Major Outage Affecting Several Components: Studio, Groups, Settings, etc

:warning: Update From Engineers:

:exclamation: Temporary solution, if you’re desperate:

There’s a major outage going on right now affecting several components of the platform. As of editing this post, the status page now displays the issue.

The API related to/causing this issue is as follows: apis.roblox.com/universal-app-configuration/v1/behaviors/account-settings-ui/content

Right now, it’s returning a range of errors signalizing an internal outage. One of them is as follows:
{"errors":[{"message":"upstream request timeout","code":0}]}

1. Groups

Groups will rarely load their information when viewed, sometimes failing to display their experiences, description, and/or roles. The “Configure Group” page will fail to load most of the time.

2. Roblox Studio

Roblox Studio cannot be launched at all right now, throwing the error below when opened. I’ve confirmed my internet is working fine and my colleagues are also experiencing this issue.

3. Settings

Your account’s “Settings” page will sometimes partially load, and other times not load at all, appearing completely blank.

115 Likes

Not just this but also the group frontend. You can’t see group walls nor manage groups.

14 Likes

Studio shouldn’t prevent you from connecting without the internet in the first place, a bug like this should never be able to occur.

16 Likes

It is a connection problem with roblox’s server, u can’t change settings of your account and more.

5 Likes

Pretty sure they got rid of Offline Mode a long while ago, so it’s not a bug. But of course Offline Mode is a feature that needs to make a comeback.

9 Likes

Roblox is prolly gonna fix that in 20-60min.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue here with the same error.

2 Likes

Have the same issue
Windows 11 Pro

1 Like

I find it super weird that the so-called “Roblox status page” that’s “updated a few seconds ago” is just a static HTML page that has to be manually updated by staff. Can’t a multi-billion dollar company invest some time into making a proper status page that can actually update on its own?

It’s pretty clear that the website is dying, but not according to the status apparently!

29 Likes

You are correct, there’s better solutions like Uptime by BetterStack. They even support Okta!

1 Like

This is not a operating system problem, it’s a problem with roblox’s server.

1 Like

i’m having the same issue, while i had studio opened i was in team create and my changes would not sync to other clients, i tried restarting studio and it gave the “check your connection” error like everybody else.

The roblox status page isn’t the best, i recommend to check downdetector or diff sites.

Downdetector isn’t instant, it relies on community votes to tell if something is down.
Roblox could easily make a page that would “ping” the basic Roblox services every now and then, and if the ping isn’t answered, then the service is down, and it would be instant enough.

Having this issue as well, thought it was just me

2 Likes

I’m having this issue too.

5 Likes

Right, however it is still better then the status page as downdetector works with votes instead of a bad made automated site.

6 Likes

In case anyone is wondering, I checked the client logs and this is the service that is causing the studio downtime:
apis.roblox.com/universal-app-configuration/v1/behaviors/account-settings-ui/content

10 Likes

good to know this is just an outage and something that wont drive me mad wondering why this is happening

6 Likes

I’m having the same issue with Roblox Studio!

2 Likes