As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to browse what was once the professional and elite DevForum without seeing spam posts by users, likely underage, using alts to sneak in and spam absolute trash all over the forum.
If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because I can use the DevForum for professional development support, feedback, and discussion.
Now to elaborate:
In the past 30 minutes I’ve seen about
3-4 make that 5 spam posts in various categories (please don’t tell me to stop talking about closing development discussion), and it’s clear that the problem is they can spam read time to eventually spam trash.
Now, I know I was auto-accepted in, but I was one of the many that are into development, and had made multiple works, whether public or private, that were on par with the standards that were originally set here.
Unfortunately in the past few months, multiple trolls and spammers are being accepted in. They likely don’t know what
local means, or don’t know what DevEx is.
We need change now. We need manual acceptance. This will absolutely improve my experience using this forum as a professional resource.
My exact proposal:
- Require 3 hours read time, as needed now
- Have a staff member request development showcases, made by that account, that can be verified as their work
- Let them in. If it is found that it wasn’t their work, ban them (as according to Global Rule 17)
Let’s hear the community’s input. Either vote on the poll, reply below, or both.
- Manual acceptance into the Devforum
- Automatic acceptance, but something needs changed
- Keep it how it is