Make it more obvious how to report Roblox bugs as a Member

We all know the dread that members face nowadays… no Post Approval, no promotion, no easy way to report bugs. The issue is that is what most people on the forum believe.

There’s also a bunch of posts from people asking about opening the #bug-reports and #feature-requests categories for members without knowing that a group is there that allows users to make bug reports. I did some little digging on my own, and I found no mention of the group whatsoever.

If the DET were to solve this issue, many developers wouldn’t have to worry about not being able to post bug reports because of their trust level. This would also reduce the number of posts where users complain about this issue over and over again.

38 Likes

This.

There are so many posts in #development-discussion reporting bugs and it fills it up and it just creates an argument going on and on about how it’s in the wrong category, how members can’t post in #bug-reports, etc.

It’s really annoying and I don’t blame new members because they don’t know how to report these bugs.

8 Likes

They defo should warn about g/Bug-Reports, reminder to anyone using that to report bugs and not getting an answer, it’s either not a bug or it’s not serious enough. You should send it to them as if it was a bug topic and follow it’s rules and stuff. They from my experience will THEN ask you to make a topic in bulletin board in case and move it, if they agree with it. Don’t make a bulletin board post immediately. Give screenshots, examples, test it without extensions… etc.

2 Likes

There are so many topics in #development-discussion that go something like this:

My character is not moving and it is a really serious bug. Will you please move this to bug reports since I can’t post in there since I do not have regular yet please please please

While most of these posts are ____posts, there are some good bugs members find too.

This is a great idea to stop clutter in Development Discussion and so members do not feel sad that they can’t become a regular.

2 Likes

Well, if you try to post a bug report, a moderator will see it and message you
Message @Bug-Support following [BUG REPORT GUIDELINES]

1 Like

Yes, I was just going to make a request on this when I saw this topic. My original solution was to put it in the “About Bug Reports” but that would go unnoticed, unfortunately. Could we put it in the Development Discussion, Forum Bugs and Game Design Support templates instead? A lot of the people abusing these categories know it’s the wrong category so it should at least redirect some people correctly.

3 Likes

I feel like these templates need a facelift anyway just for the sake of reducing the amount of off topic posts and preventing additional clutter. Informing people about the existence of bug support is an ideal way to get started. Along with these categories getting regularly misused for – let’s say – …inconvenient purposes (including, but not limited to bug reports, how can I get regular, I can’t do this and that, I got warned for whatever, help I got scammed, and so on), I support this and it shouldn’t go unnoticed.

3 Likes

Yes I know… I just want it to be more obvious for members…

2 Likes

There is no Bug_Reports group, or at least one that is public. The group is called Bug-Support, and it cannot be pinged.

2 Likes

pretty cool idea. but it would be easier if they open bug reports and feature requests for members.

1 Like

They can be pinged, @Bug-Support. The group just won’t receive a notification that you pinged them, you can also click on groups like Bug-Support but it’s not obvious.

2 Likes

No. Otherwise those two categories would turn into a huge crap storm. They closed it in the first place because of members heavily misusing the category for bugs relating to a single game or everything was platform breaking…

2 Likes

Development Discussion is already full of crap posts, this would make the current state of the forum worse.

2 Likes

Thank you! I kept looking for a place to post a bug report I found and couldn’t find it until I found this post!

1 Like

It has been a while, no staff has acknowledged this post and with the most recent forum update post, it has come to my attention that Roblox is actively working on the DevForum. Hoping that this issue gets fixed with the reappearance of “how to report bugs as a member” posts.

5 Likes

After spending a lot of time and effort internally to scale up how we handle bugs across Roblox’s product engineering teams, we finally have a solution available here: The Big Bug Reporting Update

Everybody here in the current topic that made a post or Liked one of the posts (as of Mar 19) has had their join request accepted if they submitted one. I’m marking this as the solution of the topic for that reason.

For everybody else that participates here later than this reply, please follow the instructions in the linked announcement above on how to get your join request in. We are slowly accepting people from the backlog to make sure we don’t overwhelm internal teams, but it is our goal to clear out the backlog. It will take us some time before we’re caught up with requests so appreciate your patience here.

Thanks again for posting about this and for your patience as we worked this out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.