Mannequin+ | Streamlining clothing purchases

Update I’m no longer maintaining this plugin. Instead, I’m going to be getting in contact with clothing designers to see if I can create a plugin suite with a wider variety of features.

Mannequin+ is a simple plugin that allows you to quickly insert mannequins with your desired clothing. For ease-of-use the generator currently only supports catalog id’s. Utilizing new Roblox features such as ProximityPrompt’s, players can try on and purchase clothing without you, the designer, having to touch any code.

If you own a clothing group or own a personal homestore you want to prioritize one main mechanic over everything else: displaying your product. Trying on clothes in-game before purchasing them has been a fundamental feature of almost every major clothing store on Roblox – but there’s one problem. It’s a tedious process having to modify every NPC in game for specific clothing.

Showcase Video

To Do
  • Version control (easier updates)
  • Custom purchase callbacks *theoretically already possible, just not very user friendly for non-experienced scripters.
  • Generate mannequin model near the current camera
  • More cool stuff!!*
Updates
  • MannequinEngine no longer gets created in every game that has the plugin open. This behavior was not intentional.

Disclaimer This plugin was created in less than 5 hours out of boredom. I may drop support for this plugin at any given time. Additionally, I intend on re-factoring the entire codebase for this project if time permits.

20 Likes

Good stuff bro, this is gonna be really useful for clothing groups who cant afford a scripter.

6 Likes

Do you plan on adding UGC support for hats and other accessories?

2 Likes

I originally started out this plugin with the idea of being able to quickly add props to your mannequins as well but I scrapped it because I wanted to experiment with something simpler. In the event this plugin becomes useful to some people and it’s a requested feature I can definitely implement it.

3 Likes

I will def being using it, I love to make homestores for fun (cause I cant make clothes) so this will be great, might even give me the confidence to start selling homestores, keep up the amazing work, you have great talents

1 Like

Identified a bug where some ProximityPrompt’s are not being triggered. Mannequin+ does not directly modify prompts so I’m inclinced to believe this is some sort of Roblox bug. A temporary fix for this would be to modify the HoldDuration property for every prompt that is a descendent of a mannequin.

This is not a major bug, the prompt eventually will fire after retrying 2-3 times.

Definitely going to use this for my homestore projects!

1 Like

I know I’m a little late to the party. But this is great! This will help a lot of clothing stores on ROBLOX! Job well done!

1 Like

Can I ask if I can use the source code in a plugin I’m going to be working on? I’m working on a plugin aimed to be the ultimate toolkit and I’ve already got some tools however this would be a good tool to add if I have permission. (all other items are being developed by me or my development team, if your interested plugin will cost :robux_gold: 150 on launch)

1 Like

Hey, I have three clothing groups although I’m having issue with the plugin perhaps you would be able to create tutorial it would be much apricated or provide some instructions cheers Jimmy.

Shoot me a private message and I’ll help you out.