Marketplace: Our Vision and Guiding Principles

This is a fantastic step forward in allowing the site to become even more user driven rather than company driven, I’m curious about the Marketplace, which is definitely getting some much needed attention, and whether there is any thought to including Models/Assets as part of the UGC category where Models/Assets can be sold on par with UGC accessories.

2 Likes

By regular for old roblox items had new features for UGC limiteds, through gonna have planning to created new limited publish on Roblox, but mostly some new ideas to period over 30 days but for last 10 years, they still have option to able new purchases has been refund not to be remove, but i believe they have to feedback more expressed they are little action thread, although have to remove maximum prices or no one buying to paying prices if it still works for limited.

Pretty sure about old roblox items over been 10 years eventually currently offsale roblox items but it turns out, they have players to enjoyed for most older items liked, but while going to limited collections this is something happened that it was still offsale like older probably event already ended for a few years ago, but i would love to something about good for older on marketplace in roblox items.

2 Likes

“Scarcity” is basically non-existent in UGC limiteds because hundreds are uploaded daily, meaning they have no real value or “rarity”. Excluding higher quality creators (such as Empyror for example), UGC limiteds have absolutely no demand whatsoever for the most part. It’s barely been a month since UGC limiteds first released and people are already losing interest in them (can’t say I didn’t see that coming). They’re so oversaturated to the point where most of them can’t even sell consistently for more than their original price, and thus they’re basically worthless.

Yeah no. Based on the current state of the UGC catalog and the quality of the moderation on there, I can say with full confidence that it is NOT ready for this. Will it ever be fully ready for this? It could be; all Roblox needs to do is hire some competent moderators who can actually do their jobs correctly and voila, problem solved. Will they do this? No.

I definitely can’t see where this could go wrong!

This is great and all but… pointless? If the item’s original price is lower than the reseller’s then why would anyone buy it from a reseller? Why would anyone buy it at all? They’re not going to make any robux off it if they can’t even resell it (especially when the tax is at 50%). It goes both ways too, if the reseller’s price is lower than the original price then what’s the point of there being more copies to buy from the original creator? The reselling price being less than the original price is just proof that UGC limiteds as a whole is a stupid concept that doesn’t work because the vast majority of the community will always favor Roblox-created limiteds.

This is nothing but a lie, over the past month I’ve seen more copies of Roblox-created limiteds than ever before. You’re not fooling anyone other than yourselves with this clearly fake statistic.

Uh, no you haven’t? Are we just gonna forget that 2-3 year gap of no new limiteds whatsoever?

This is an awful decision, making offsale items limited again was the best thing Roblox had done in years. There are countless users hoping for items they weren’t originally able to obtain to go limited, but according to Roblox those people don’t exist.

Not only is this utter crap, this is the most contradictory statement I’ve read so far; I’d like to know how exactly Roblox is “striving to serve the community” when they’re doing the exact opposite of what the community wants (and have been doing that for years).

Why do you think they have to compete with Roblox-created limiteds in the first place? It couldn’t be more obvious that the community you apparently “serve” is far more devoted to Roblox-created limiteds than UGC.

All of this just proves how oblivious and out of touch Roblox is with it’s community as a whole.

18 Likes

I’m quite interested in hearing how Roblox will open UGC to all users, and what restrictions will be put in place to avoid bot accounts, spam, stealing and other things like that.

3 Likes

Does this mean that we can have special avatar items that we award from our experience (for example, as rewards). I could set a UGC item to cost 0 and be purchasable only from my game.

Is this true? If yes, it’s awesome, and I would like this to be more streamlined (essentially bypassing the whole buy screen, just let me award my players custom UGC that we create).

4 Likes

When do group limiteds start to roll out?

I also want to say I sorta am sad it will be opened to everyone to be able to create UGC even in good standing, I feel it will ruin the market and sales of people and make it so you rarely do make money at that point as I can imagine lots of bad actors will upload like crazy and saturate everything.

I see this as both positive and negative to the roblox economy.

4 Likes

The unfortunate reality is that a lot of these off-sale item requests are retextures of existing Roblox meshes, ie: the Clockworks/Workclocks series, classic pumpkins, classic 2008-2010 items like hoods and items that have become notorious over the years like bunny ears, rings, classic fedoras and such. Users aren’t necessarily looking for a random 2012 item that has one texture in existence to go limited (that can easily be improved by a UGC creator in their own unique way) but moreso older items/newer retextures of existing limiteds that are iconic and synonymous with Roblox(at least from my experience in the trading community).

It is unwise to ask for users to instead opt for already existing UGC “lookalikes” because sure, some users will be more than happy, but in reality a lot of people want the real deal and the feeling of owning an item with years of history as opposed to a knock-off made a week ago.

However if all of these items that users requested were made limited, users would still be complaining about items that aren’t limited yet, so there’s really no easy solution except to just make all Roblox-made items limited (in moderation, excluding special/sponsor items of course).

There really isn’t any easy option except for the latter.

13 Likes

If you actually trade and gamble for virtual items in a video game I feel sorry for you.

10 Likes

Difference between those 2 is,
The 1st one looks pretty bad while the 2nd one looks good.

But ye they need to moderate this stuff better, rather have a longer delay before upload than millions of copies of rare roblox limiteds roaming the market when this becomes public.

4 Likes

That’s what it sounds like,
Or atleast it can give a prompt for free limited in the game itself giving creators the power to sort of make their own mini-events.

Could be cool to see what people do with this.

5 Likes

From what I heard there will be both “heavy” moderation, a restriction to accounts in a negative standing and a decently high fee,
though the fee is a given seeing as this isn’t 2d clothing but hats and other 3d stuff.

Hoping they don’t mess it up with some of these protections, don’t wanna have copied items out there and def dont want to be locked out cause of a warning you got 5 years ago

7 Likes

Cant wait for the robux economy to crash every 5 years :fire:

6 Likes

I like that more control is being given to developers. But I do wonder when developers will be able to award accessory items from within their own game, sort of like how official Roblox events give away accessories.

7 Likes

These are great guard clauses and control features! I’m happy to see that these were considered and implemented.

7 Likes

Limited Supply for Developer Product and Gamepass too please. Trading for gamepass too?

7 Likes

YESS!!! finally i can make my own accessories later! :smiley:
there’s lots of accessories that i want but doesnt exists in roblox yet.

6 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know about this idea of discontinuing Roblox-made limited items. When it comes to the stuff I see on the UGC catalog and the fact we’re getting an extreme amount of freedom on the platform. I just don’t think we should break any more barriers. UGC Limited items had made Roblox Limited Items feel less valuable to the community. And I do cherish the moments of when I got my first limited item. I just feel like limited items won’t be the same anymore if we make this change. But either way, everything else about the roadmap though seems pretty promising and hopefully these ideas will be implemented in the next month.

11 Likes

I like the new ideas of the UGCs, especially allowing the limited’s to only be sold in-game. This could allow for cool in-game events made by the developers. An example could be if the game has in-game pets these pets could give boosts within the game. With the use of limited’s only being sold in-game, the developer could do live events selling rare pets as UGC limited’s with exclusive in-game features.

5 Likes

I’d like to further express how much of a joke this statement is. I sifted through SOME items uploaded in just the past month alone, this is only a small sample of the hilariously large amount of copies that have been uploaded. I seriously do not understand where the 99% statistic comes from when you just take a quick look through the UGC catalog and immediately see how incorrect it is.

BYPASSES
Users are literally building existing items in multiple parts and staff are so blind to it regardless of reports:
original: Clockwork's Headphones - Roblox
copy: Black Headphones - Roblox
in addition to this (solely made to copy clockwork’s headphones in combination with the above UGC headphones, noted by the obvious use of R and L): Directional Compass Headphones - Roblox
and in addition to this (covers the graphic of the headphones): Circles - Roblox

makes this, it’s literally the same item when all put together: image

DIRECT COPIES
And then of course there are items currently up that are not even trying to hide the fact that they are intentionally copying.

original: Black Sparkle Time Fedora - Roblox
copy: Black Paper Fedora - Roblox

original: Dark Horns of Pwnage - Roblox
copy: Ethereal horns of Darkness - Roblox

IP INFRINGEMENT
And then there’s items that literally use roblox assets, topology, IP, etc.

uses roblox’s super super happy face: Cry Super Super Happy Face Noob - Roblox
literally a mesh rip from roblox’s pumpkin heads: Red Interior Tint (Addon) - Roblox
use of roblox’s IP in the form of tix: Domina: Tickets - Roblox

I’d appreciate if Roblox wouldn’t downplay how often copying happens just to push the agenda that the platform is ready for public UGC. This is only a fraction of the issue and Roblox does nothing to deter this no matter how many times they say they’re committing to stopping it. Many of these were reported and ignored, without an explanation as to why nothing happened. Were they ignored entirely? Do they think it’s not a copy? We have no idea, they have failed to communicate anything to the people trying to help them with this in the focus group we have.

17 Likes

How is Roblox prepared to detect copies of Roblox-created items that are uploaded in multiple parts?
A group of people just uploaded an exact replica of Clockwork’s Headphones to the catalog in 3 items.

If I want to upload Dominus Infernus in 5-7 separate parts/items, how would Roblox detect it? I don’t think it’ll be possible to detect. There will be alot of ripoffs uploaded in multiple parts.

10 Likes