Material Intensity Property

Being predominantly a builder on Roblox, using the right colour and material is important to getting a build looking right. With somewhat recent changes to certain materials such as the Brick material, which i’m personally not too fond of, I have been thinking of ways to improve the customisation to materials. I’m suggesting a potential new property: MaterialIntensity! This would allow you to alter how defined the material texture is on the part, 0 being the normal texture, 1 being a hardly visible material on the part.

What do you think?

44 Likes

This sounds great! Something like MaterialScale would be nice too. Especially in the case of F̶a̶b̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ Fabric.

Edit: Did I seriously just make that typo? Curse you, Nexx.

9 Likes

Honestly, this would be really useful, so if I’m right, this is basically changing the transparency of the texture?

3 Likes

Material scaling would be awesome too!

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s the sorta idea

4 Likes

I would really like this feature. Support!

2 Likes

Agreed, great idea.

2 Likes

I’d love this. The reason you see so many games only use Plastic/SmoothPlastic nowadays is because materials tend to be way too intense, removing most of the color from Parts and rendering them far darker and less saturated than anyone wants them. This seems like a good compromise that’d let us run free with aesthetics without compromising too much.

11 Likes

Great idea zyleak

2 Likes

zyleak with the good suggestions

2 Likes

Fabrick is coming tomorrow too, what a coincidence. :smirk:

8 Likes

I fully support.

Would work great wonders for my naval warfare game.

2 Likes

This suggestion should be called “every builder’s dream”.

2 Likes