Max Player Count Increased (in Beta)

Everyone should be reminded that players that are on signed up for the beta website get to set it to 700, so more than likely, it wouldn’t matter if chat is going fast, the developer for the game probably may incorporate ‘localized chat’ or bubble chat only and that there would be more optimizations to help devices be able to play with 700 other players in a game.

It’s really just handing the control over to developers to see what they can do to make 201+ player servers actually work or not.

Can roblox please bump the 700 player crossroads to the popular list? I want 700 players around me destroying stuff NOW!!! :laughing:

1 Like

Yes I know right but I feel like they should have a drop-down with pre sets like 5,10,100 etc

700 players is only possible with StreamingEnabled on my opinion, but that doesn’t change the fact that this is an amazing feature which will be definitely handy in the future!

Make it so you can just type the number. Using a drag bar for that many options is a bit much.

1 Like

PC specs for a 700 player server (totally realistic):

Intel i21 9th Gen 9999K 99GHz
128Gbs Ram
Nvidia RTX 9999Ti

Oh, and might as well invest in 3M Novec cooling for the whole system. That should do the trick!

8 Likes

How will mobile players be affected by this? With 700 players it seems like there will be an insane amount of lag. Games with 100 players in a single server have enough lag already.

Please read the whole post before posting.

1 Like

Why did they kept a maximum players limit ? The limit is just the performances of the server.

1 Like

Doomspire Brickbattle Test

Wanted to see how it’d work with a simple game, so I’ve enabled the 700 player limit on the original version of doomspire brickbattle to see how it performs. All credits go to @GFink since I’m using his place and obviously I didn’t make it and only using this for optimisation testing.

Link: [700 PLAYERS] Doomspire Brickbattle - Roblox

Even though I think this can be huge, I don’t really see a use for having 700 players in one server, and I’m guessing a full server of 700 people wouldn’t be very easy on the server haha

It is great to see that you’re optimizing servers to handle more players though, and whilst I probably won’t benefit too much from that, I can definitely think of some large games that will

How do I get enrolled into the Roblox Beta Program? I’m really interested in using this.

I think you can enroll in the beta program here

I’m quite impressed, there isn’t a single game I know of that allows for such massive amounts of players in a single server. Maybe one day Roblox will hit 1mil players in a single server.

700 player Phantom Forces :smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

This is great for me since my game has an infinite world. So chances are not everyone will see everyone.

Roblox is getting a bit better than their past. I can’t believe we are having big servers! But however, wouldn’t that affect our FPS? This might Be result in a high ping and more servers to handle. And it even might disconnect some people.

But overall, good job! :roblox:

I actually know some games that can handle such servers. Black Desert Online has massive servers, and they run just fine. Not to mention that game takes ALOT more to run than roblox.

Roblox Now Become Really Better! But Wouldn’t that affect our FPS?
And Players Will Disconnect, Having High Ping And Another Issues.

But Good Job! :wink: :roblox_light:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.