Max Player Count Increased (in Beta)

Why would we need 700 players in one game? There isn’t really a spot for it other than… a football match, a live event such as a concert or new year’s celebration or possibly a huge MMORPG type of game.

Other than the need for such an insane amount of players, how is this supposed to work?

• There will be a flooded chat if not working with a chat bubble, group/class/guilt chat or an ingame phone chatApp or such. You might even lose your friends in that crowd!
  • ROBLOX’ games most likely won’t be able to cope with such an immense amount. Having scripts work for ~700 players. Let alone an occuring bug! If not tested properly or accidentally found by someone (pretty likely to happen with such an amount), this could come with disastrous consequences.
  • Just like the server, a user’s PC having to render and receive all this information, data etc. will make the poor thing almost catch fire. Imagine 700 players near each other moving, jumping, acting and more.

High risk, dubious results.

3 Likes

Issues:

1. Was this needed? ’
    Who wants 700 users all in 1 server? Most games, with the exception of sports games, have absolutely no use for more than 100 players in 1 game. Something like a new feature which everyone can use would have been a much better use of time.
  2. The chat will be a flood in the servers with many players
  3. Roblox games get extremely slow with only 200 players, imagine 700. A change which improves performance should’ve come before this
3 Likes

I can only think of one clever use for this; lobbies. It would be cool to make lobbies with big player count because then you have a bigger chance of getting in the same lobby server as your friends without it being full.

1 Like

MMORPGs in ROBLOX should be a thing now? Also, suggestion for roblox: convert your application to 64-bit if you’re gonna use 700 players in a single server.

1 Like

Remember the days when a game with a 50 player capacity was called an arena place or a stadium game or something like that?

4 Likes

This seems really unnecessary… I can’t think of any reason why I would ever need 700 players in my game at one time.

Servers in their current state can barely handle 100 players at one time without imploding on itself, what makes you guys so sure 700 player servers are even possible?

Are you trying to make my computer melt?!

1 Like

Looks like an okay update I guess. I just hope it doesn’t cause too much lag at a point where the site goes down again.

It’s great that Roblox is trying to get more people to play together, but the (two) problems is:
For starters, on the default avatar settings or with any custom avatar at all won’t work at all with this many players

And let’s be real, do we really need 700 players in one server?

Roblox Servers with 200 players:

Roblox Servers with 700 players:

My point is how are 700 player servers even viable right now given how bloated and laggy humanoids can be when placed in bulk.

700 players looks like it was added for games that dont rely on characters, for example, UI-based games like WordBomb or LuaLearning

21 Likes

Think a game like Bloxburg, but a city with skyscrapers and 700 people walking around :open_mouth:

1 Like

Wait you adding 700 player games. This can cause performance issues and why not 200. If my game is gonna hold 700 players. the server will crash due to the low memory and constant lagging for 700 players to be in game.

Yeah, you can probably forget being able to talk to people in the chat, will go by so fast that you cant read any of it, or playing the game because all of the lag, most maps i think aren’t even big enough to hold that many people. Servers sometimes lag when people leave or enter a sever at 50 players, how could a game handle 700…

this is basically what will happen to 700 people on a server, I think even a computer game will die Have you ever thought that some servers cannot even enter with space on the server mine can’t take even 54 players on the same server now with 700 atomic-mushroom-cloud-explosion-2-2.gif.cf

1 Like

Just- Amazing.

I love how the team improved both performance and player limits, ROBLOX just keeps becoming even more of an immersive game. Keep up the improvements, we’re all here to support you!

They have not improved performance at all yet, they only increased the player limits.

2 Likes

It’s great to have 700, though would a baseplate game with this amount of players crash? I have not tested… :flushed:

2 Likes

Everyone should be reminded that players that are on signed up for the beta website get to set it to 700, so more than likely, it wouldn’t matter if chat is going fast, the developer for the game probably may incorporate ‘localized chat’ or bubble chat only and that there would be more optimizations to help devices be able to play with 700 other players in a game.

It’s really just handing the control over to developers to see what they can do to make 201+ player servers actually work or not.

Can roblox please bump the 700 player crossroads to the popular list? I want 700 players around me destroying stuff NOW!!! :laughing:

1 Like

Yes I know right but I feel like they should have a drop-down with pre sets like 5,10,100 etc

700 players is only possible with StreamingEnabled on my opinion, but that doesn’t change the fact that this is an amazing feature which will be definitely handy in the future!