Mesh importing/exporting newbie here needs help

Hey there! I’m learning to model objects and I use Blender so I’m kinda new to using meshes in the Studio. Basically, I have this detailed mesh that I can’t import in studio.

First issue was that it exceeded the tris limit so I looked it up in the forum and tried out the fixes. I used the decimate modifier and the tri count went down to only 10.5k tris. Then I split the mesh in 3, you know just to be sure. But then, I saved the 3 parts into 1 obj file after seeing the first clip here:

where one obj file gets split upon importing in studio.

I’ve also tried renaming the different parts but when I import the file in studio, it doesn’t split up. I probably could just save the parts in different files and keep location when placing but I’d like to keep it in 1 file like in the clip. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Export it in fbx format :slight_smile:

And in roblox studio import it from game explorer

2 Likes

The limit of triangles now is 10k

When I’m exporting something that have more then 10k triangles or want the parts separated. In blender (or the software your using) brake the parts down and export the parts individually then import them to Roblox Studio

I use .OBJ to export from blender

1 Like

Thanks but I think my problem is more about a multi-mesh file? Like, why does it not split when I import it or do I even have a multi-mesh file? lol

And yes, @IllustriousEntity I’ve done that but it still doesn’t work…

1 Like

I’m not so sure what multi-mesh file is but I’m guessing that its a file that have multiple meshes inside of it if that’s the case it still can’t exceed the limit of 10k triangles at each import in Roblox Studio

You can create a file to keep things organized and name each mesh you export and save it inside that file then Import each mesh from that file to Roblox Studio

1 Like

To add onto this, if you select all your now separated meshes upon importing them into studio, you can select all your imported files that you want and select ‘insert them with location’. This will make whatever your model is connect like it would in the program based on the respective objects position. Good luck!

1 Like