Text Filtering Update!
Thanks for all the support and feedback! After reviewing the feedback you all provided, we made a major improvement to the way our text filtering works in Studio for asset importing. As many of you know, we have a strict text filter in place across the platform in order to keep Roblox safe and friendly. That being said, we want to remove as many blockers as possible for our developers so that we can keep empowering you to create. In order to do this, we have implemented a text filter bypass for asset import.
How does this work?
- Anytime you upload an asset into Studio, we will run the name through the text filter.
- If it is flagged as inappropriate, instead of rejecting the file, we will fork the asset name from the asset alias and allow the file to be brought into Studio.
- If this occurs, you will see a warning message in the import window saying “Asset name on website has been moderated.” This means that we have automatically renamed the discoverable asset name on roblox.com.
- For meshes, it will be renamed to Meshes/meshPart and for images, it will be renamed to Images/images.
- In Studio, your Game Explorer will show your original unfiltered file name (as the asset alias).
- You can still change the name of your asset on the website using the Configure option
Hopefully this helps and let us know if you have any further questions.