MeshPart textures

Currently: for some arcane reason, MeshParts do not allow any texture transparency, setting opacity of all the colours to 255.

Hacky workaround: applying a Decal to a Part with a SpecialMesh preserves transparency of the texture.

Why that is not enough: Parts with SpecialMeshes cannot render the Part’s Material and resizing the part does not resize the Mesh, inconveniencing the user. Personally ran into this when I wanted to make MeshParts with changeable colours and materials, using the texture for shading. This is currently impossible on Roblox.

Roblox, please fix.

25 Likes

I posted about this yesterday in bug reports.
EDIT: I was wrong about it being a bug. See below post(s).

Ah, sorry, missed the post date on yours, did not notice it’s recency. After seeing a different bug report of this from 2016 that received no responses, decided to post in feature requests instead: I could only assume that given the age of the linked post and the fact the MeshPart Texture behaviour remains the same, this is somehow not a bug.

3 Likes

P.S. If at all possible, I would really appreciate if someone knowledgeable could inform me whether transparent textures on MeshParts are a viable possibility in the future or not, as I would prefer not to spend a lot of time making UV maps pointlessly.

1 Like

I was wrong, this official response confirms it’s not a bug. Hopefully as a feature request this current behavior can be changed.

1 Like

I’ve had this issue for a while this needs to be implemented it’s currently impossible and has become quite the annoyance to have to use specialmeshes for every character and object model for transparent textures.

Handful of items I cannot properly make or are insanely annoying to make without this.

1. Cars.
  2. Weapns of all types.
  3. Hair.
  4. Foliage.
  5. Character models.
3 Likes