Meshparts emit glow with transparency in texture

This used to be only a slight issue back then and people would use it to use to make meshes glow.

But now that meshpart materials are released its easy to make a meshpart emit a neon glow. And this update made the neon mesh texture issue even worse.

I dont have a picture of it before but this mesh used to be a solid color with the transparent texture. Now the mesh turns white and glows.

I believe CSG used to do this when it first came out so this may be in the midst of fixing, but meshparts really need better transparency compatibility.

2 Likes

On a side note, this does look insanely cool. Like there’s some sort of ancient relic emitting light through the cracks of the rock.

5 Likes

It’s a bush though.

4 Likes

…oh.

4 Likes

@zeuxcg Is there a reason this isn’t supported? I ran into this today. My builder hacked around it by applying a texture to the meshpart instead, and set the meshpart transparency to 0.99999 however this leads to render order issues.

I was really upset when I found out this wasn’t supported because my modeler put a lot of work into this mount!

Notice the tail looks totally ruined because the feathers render on top of eachother
(This is using a texture applied ontop of a nearly-transparent meshpart, the current awful workaround)

I don’t understand the question. What isn’t supported that should be?

It looks like the transparent parts of mesh textures don’t work and display white neon instead of what’s under the texture.

@zeuxcg

When I apply a texture to a mesh, any transparent parts of my texture should be invisible. Currently, roblox renders neon instead (and I have no idea how it determines the neon color, all of the parts are Medium stone grey)

Here’s my chocobo’s tail feathers with the meshparts transparency 0.

The base mesh shouldn’t render. Here’s what it looks like with transparency 0.001 (which hides the transparent pixes, but then causes ordering issues)

So im trying to make this light here

This is a meshpart with .001 transparency and a transparent texture. Yet I dont want a transparent mesh I want a solid mesh with a neon material.

Yet when I do make the mesh solid, I just get a black mesh. What I would like is to see the mesh underneath that way I can add a neon texture to make it glow.

So I guess meshpart texture support.

Now I can do this with special meshes. I can see the mesh through the transparent texture. But the problem is that I can’t make special meshes glow neon because they dont have material support. Either option will fix the issue.

2 Likes