M̶i̶n̶i̶m̶a̶p̶ ̶C̶r̶e̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶[̶R̶o̶R̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶]̶ DEPRECATED

ok so I did what u said. And I have the jdk but the jar file is not opening at all

1 Like

Cant get the jar file to run, something to do with javaFX? I have no idea how to use java, followed how to install the plugin, java all installed but when i try to run the .jar it does nothing.

2 Likes

Do you have Java runtime installed?

EDIT; IT MAY BE THIS:

NOTE: Java JDK 11+ removed the JavaFX module from it’s library , and it will have to be installed separately for the .jar to run.

^ credits to bixbyalan

1 Like

I tried that, but instructions confusing.

2 Likes

So you don’t have Java Runtime?

If you don’t, I could run you through it.

1 Like

I tried rendering a mini-map 4 times, one with a different pixel per stud, and the other with water disabled. The other 2 were the same settings, but all of them rendered a black image.

I don’t really know what I did wrong. I managed to get it to work with a base plate, but with bigger maps, it does not work well.

1 Like

Try increasing your ray size, it should be a bit larger from the lowest point on your map to the height where rays are going to be fired from.

2 Likes

I have updated the plugin with a few more things such as;

Num Shadow Rays: Number of rays to calculate shadows (0 = hard shadows)
Shadow Ray Dis: Distance of ray to calculate shadows
Shadow Transparency = Transparency of shadows (0 = no shadows, 1 = black shadows)
Shadow Cone Angle = The cone angle to calculate shadows
Line Time Out = How long a line takes to calculate before giving it to another client.

Ok2

11 Likes

pretty amazing, thanks widgeon, i can finally make a good minimap without having to spend 6 hours in photoshop

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply, but this did the job!

1 Like

Would this one day support meshes with textures ?

1 Like

Sorry for the bump but the instructions are vague and i want to export it as png would that be possible. Again sorry for the bump

1 Like

There are many posts in this thread about procedure, there are a list of instructions in the plugin widget itself, and there is the original thread on the original mini-map system with the original instructions for setup. You’re the first person to have a problem with it.

And it exports as PNG by default : P

1 Like

Alright thank you i might have to talk again if im having trouble rendering it thank you!

1 Like

The drag handle of your plugin seems to be broken.

4 Likes

OUTDATED: Use this post instead.

Outdated Version

I have made a fixed version of this plugin with the Handles fixed.

To install it, drag the file in Roblox Studio then Right click => Save as local plugin.

RoRenderFixed.rbxmx (222.0 KB)

6 Likes

This seem to work but when i export the image it comes out black.

3 Likes

The only thing I edited in the plugin are the handles, and they work fine for me and export fine as well.

So if there is a bug its most likely not related to this.

Your problem is similar to:

1 Like

Whenever a black image comes out that generally means something is wrong with how you’ve configured it. Bugs in this plugin usually show up as artifacts in the image or the image just not exporting at all. Black pixels are fed into the image handler application when they ray cast from studio did not hit any objects

2 Likes

is this a virus i dont need any viruses on my laptop

1 Like