Minimap Render [RoRenderV3]

reinstall the ro render program, this happens constantly.

Most likely you configured the program wrong. User error is the most common cause of the issue. Please ensure that the purple box complete encapsulates the terrain.

How do I do that though? The reason why I’m asking this is because the plugin doesn’t allow me to configure the height and the width of the purple box.

Hello! I seem to be having an issue, where it stops at 4% with this error!

Plugin seems to not work any more, not much you can do apart for waiting for a fix from the creator.

Was able to fix this error by editing the ComputePixels function.

from

if ((os.clock() - lastWait) > 2) then 
    task.wait(.1);
    task.desynchronize();
    lastWait = os.clock();
end

To this

if ((os.clock() - lastWait) > 1) then -- Change the condition to 1 second
    task.wait(.1);
    task.desynchronize();
    lastWait = os.clock();
end

However, I am still getting the 400 request error.

Edit: I have seem to figure out how to repo the error, if the mesh is set to Precise CollisionFidelity it breaks the script.

8 Likes

hey, great plugin, aside from the fact i could only use it once

i rendered one time successfully, but the second time i’m consistantly getting the error below

i have tried restarting studio, reinstalling rorender, and re-enabling HTTP requests… any ideas?

It does, change your pixel loading thing, I forget what its called, in the settings module script, to like 0.5 or something or 0.25, it worked when I did it.

Ok so I dont know if it is just me, but when I press start server, It does not render anything. I also dont get how to resize and move the purple box

Did you set HttpEnabled to true?

Hey! I believe that if you decide to change the settings too much, this error can occur. If I remember correctly, I decided to try and change the resolution to something higher but it decided to give me errors, specifically that error I believe.

if the plugin does not seem to work try disabling shadows, this can be found in the module.

Http Service is turned on, Server Running.

I don’t know why I keep getting that error, other than the map being possibly too big. The map size is 57564, 5752, 41521

It’s not the map that is too big, its the output image.

The image size limit is roughly 10k x 10k pixels. Your output image at a resolution of 1 is equal to the size of your map. Turn down your resolution in order to shrink the output image size.

How the output image size is calculated

local MapSize = Vector3.new(57564, 5752, 41521)
local Resolution = 1
--Output image = {MapSize.X * Resolution,  Resolution * MapSize.Z)

Reduce the resolution setting down until it can fit within that size limit

1 Like

Very cool indeed!

Im trying to render my map but I just get this error when I click run. “Workspace.RoRenderSettings.Render.Actors.ComputePixels:90: Script timeout: exhausted allowed execution time for the current resumption point - Server - ComputePixels:59”

Anyone know a fix for it?

3 Likes

Tried using this 6 times, but it constantly freezes at 12%, no errors pop up nothing.

It speeds up to 12% in the first 10 seconds and then freezes for the remainder. I made sure to wait 20 minutes to see if it was just loading but nothing.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Go into the script, learn how to use the settings and set the (RoRenderSettings.Resolution = 1;) to RoRenderSettings.Resolution = 0.25;

Thank you, I’ll give it a test and see if I get better results.

is it possible to have vision cones?