Minimap Render [RoRenderV3]

The error has in it 'and Start RoRenderV3 ’ , did you start that per the steps of the instructions.

Yes. Basically, whenever I do run the game in Studio, the error I sent appears and RoRender closes by itself. I don’t understand why this is happening. Trying to go to http://127.0.0.1:8081/ on Chrome doesn’t work and results in refused to connect.

Problem is fixed. Apparently the render selection in workspace was way too big causing RoRender to crash. Resized it bit by bit and the problem became an input image exceeds pixel limit error instead of crashing, gradually to none as I resized it smaller. Works fine now.

Seems like the render has failed to render trees for my map… Stops rendering them past a certain Y point.
Failed Render

The map in comparison

You are using the older RoRenderV2. It is recommended uninstall both program and plugin and update to the newer version as the version you are using is no longer supported.

Upgraded to V3, issue still happens when I have the box height set really, like 3000-4000 studs high. All the meshes below a certain point wont render :frowning:

Settings:

Managed to find a way around it anyways, by rendering each height level separately so all the meshes would show up, but its a bit annoying. Thanks for making it render super fast though, does make the workflow a lot easier

Can you dm me with a studio file of that map or at least the island so I can debug what is going on?

2 Likes

Getting the same issue with a 35k x 2.6k x 18k map, it renders meshparts/unions that are high up in Y level but not any that are low down near the ocean (at y400) like this island. (The shadows are where stuff like hill meshparts and trees should be)

However after messing around with the code, trying different CollisionFidelitys, RenderFidelitys, plugin settings, raising the entire map in Y level, and more, I’m starting to think this is a roblox bug of some kind.

1 Like

Hey! I used to render my maps with RoRenderV2 and, as soon as I needed to render a map of mine again, I wanted to try RoRenderV3. The issue here is: as soon as I create settings, a purple box spawns but with no draggers (corners and everything, just no draggers) and, when I try to close the plugin and try with the old pluign (V2) then the draggers just show up. Really weird, also tried to use the command to destroy it but doesn’t seem to work. Do you know how to fix this?

Thank you for reading!

I’m getting the 400 error to- could you share your updated code?

Turns out there is a studio bug with raycasting meshes with heights > 2000 studs. Will update the plugin to work around this issue tonight.

Thanks for your reports
@igoing2win
@vetexgames
@kni0002

2 Likes

Seems like I’m encountering an error again. Not too sure why considering it was working a few moments ago.

I am starting the server before running the studio server, and I’ve made sure to enable HTTP requests but it still seems to give me an error. This wasn’t happening a few minutes ago and I can’t figure out why it’s producing this error.

1 Like

Disregard this message. I flushed my DNS resolver cache and it seems everything went back to normal.

1 Like

I keep trying to start the server, however the button just turns a lighter blue and nothing changes. I have HTTPS enabled, and have the config settings loaded. Any help would be great

When the button turns blue that means that the server is started. You just follow the steps from there

I did, after a while, nothing changed within the RoRender UI, like the timer, rendered image, or percentage finished. Occasionally after trying to close the program it would freeze (“Not Responding”). It’s possible that my map is too big, but I don’t believe that would be the issue.

If the output image is above 16k x 16k then the program will crash

As I’m writing this I’m trying to render a small portion of the map using the default size when settings are first created, and I’m getting the same result. How long does it take on average to start the Render(or until the timer starts)? It could be a computer-based thing if it takes a few minutes, however I have a pretty good computer.

1 Like

It start 5 seconds after you press run on the roblox client

1 Like

that’s what I was missing, sorry I forgot to hit run haha.

1 Like