Minimap Render [RoRenderV3]

Could you maybe scale down the map and then scale the image up instead?

Hi,

I recently launched RoRender for usual minimap rendering for my game. I kept the same settings (roughly 5k by 4k studs), loaded the settings, set time to 12, and disabled StreamingEnabled. I do this every time I go to render a minimap.

A key difference: Iā€™ve made roughly 40k studs worth of terrain that is not included in the bounding box. Iā€™m assuming this is the culprit of why this took nearly 10 hours to render rather than 5 minutes?

It had gotten to around 12% in 2 hours, so I decided to leave it on overnight and I came back to it being on 42%. I left it on for about 5 minutes and it had completed. No idea what is going on here but now Iā€™m assuming itā€™s broken. Hoping I can find a fix.

2 Likes

Does anyone here know why my RoRender generate like this?

1 Like

My RoRender application crashes/closes itself and studio sends an HttpError: NetFail. Itā€™s only this baseplate for some reason as when I try with a baseplate Iā€™ve rendered previously it works successfully. Any fixes to this or anything that can be causing this? Http is enabled on both games.

Please post a screenshot of the actual error message

EDIT 2 I found where the Max Blip Distance is

EDIT: Someone in the topic mightā€™ve asked the same thing, And had it helped and fixed, but i donā€™t see any. So maybe im not looking hard enough, Or no one has asked yet, Except me. lol

Hey, Iā€™ve got the MiniMap to work, I wanted to add a North Blip.

Iā€™ve been looking all throughout the Scripts. Including the Blip scripts, How can i make it so that: All Blips can be seen at a WAY larger distant.

Thanks!

1 Like

I think this plugin is broken from the updates.

I just ran a test, plugin is still working as expected, user most likely made an error in configuration.

I donā€™t know if the map size is just too big, but whenever I attempt to render a map for a game, I get a ā€œscript exhaustion timeoutā€ error or something along those lines.

Check this out

Hey, it did that with me aswell when i rendered my Map. If you download the image it SHOULD provide you with the Full Rendered image in your File Explorer. If not, Iā€™d suggest you render again, or shorten the Render Resolution/ Shadows etc. But it should just work when u download it.

Hopefully you fixed in the last 2 months though!

How to change the settings? In the RoRender?

1 Like

Iā€™d suggest you try downloading the Picture first, Because it should be full.

But sure, Ill show you.

Basically, Youā€™ll create the settings using the plugin, Itā€™s going to give you the settings, Press it and scroll down to line 68. Lower the Resolution to maybe half, If you want detail in your map, Keep Shadows, If you donā€™t, make it false.

And thatā€™s really it.

1 Like

Upon stumbling upon a video explaining how to set it all up I have came into a bit of an issue;

This appears when attempting to create it. Any idea on how to fix it?

starting to notice this tooā€¦ weird.

Works but need more optimization for me

How can I fix this error?

Happened again on a lower resolution:

Maybe try this?

Already have. Maybe itā€™s my internet or something.