Minimap Render [RoRenderV3]

Ohh, ok I’ll give that a shot and see what works.

Also, the quick tutorial never mentioned anyhting about injecting scripts :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I added it in now, definitely should of been there from the start.

It’s one of those things where you’re so close to the project that you think something is obvious no matter how unclear it actually is.

Having a bit of an issue with the software. Used the plug-in and had everything working, when my studio crashed as I was about to begin the rendering process which was a pain, and now I’m stuck with the purple rentangle with no way to remove it.

Tried to click “Clean” to see if that would fix the issue, only removed the scripts.

It’s not a part that I can easily select or capture either, so what would be the solution to this?

EDIT: Tested this with other friends without the plug-in, they don’t see it. Also tried to re-install the software, nothing seems to be working.

Would it not be possible to use a web service do the rendering for you? It seems like you’re only taking pixel data and appending it to an image.

Hell, if you spent the extra time you could probably generate a BMP/PNG in Roblox and upload it to something like Imgur.

Go onto tools, find the “unlock” tool use it to unlock the part then try selecting that see if that works.

Check if there is anything in the Camera object in workspace.

1 Like

Thanks! Didn’t see these earlier which messed with my progress a little.

1 Like

Second time using RoRender. This time around with the new plugin and program it was a much smoother process than before. It only took me 2 hours to render my map. (I only have 3 cores). Didn’t take much time to set up, instructions were pretty straight forward and easy to follow. This plugin is definitely worth it if you want a high quality render of your game’s map.

3 Likes

This is incredible! This will speed up development for most games instead of manually making a mini-map.

:]

2 Likes

Do I need cores, or can I do with Threads too?

You’d have to experiment on your own machine to figure that out, I’m just on a simple MacBook basically if the image ends up rendering slower if your client count is > core count then you’ll know that it is core limited.

1 Like

Woah! This is extremely cool. Using it right now!

1 Like

I’ve been testing it and the x4 supersampling option is on and I can’t find a visible difference, I’d like to know what changes it makes.

And another thing is that the terrain you created comes out with a very smooth texture.
Is it an option or is it an external problem?

And I would also like to know how to implement it in the GUI, if you are using viewportframe, decal or anything else.

The rest do their job very well. :+1:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/504120100379688982/859935543831560228/pleasework.png

my render after an hour and a half

1 Like

My computer is bad and I have to download this on my iPad, upload it to Dropbox and then download it from Dropbox to my computer just so I can download this.

It isn’t working for me. I’ve tried and tried and it keeps not working. The master script keeps giving errors.

This topic is very old and i never hear about it. Amazing!!!

1 Like

Any idea what could cause my images to look like this?

2 Likes

Probably because of streamingenabled

2 Likes