Minimap Render [RoRenderV3]

I have streamingenabled turned off

1 Like

There is a slight bug that makes images appear like that on the render preview. If you download the image than it should be normal.

2 Likes

They appear the same after saving them to my images

anyone know a fix?

Just released an patch that should fix that bug

uhh why my mesas mountain top being colored like water including some white line artifact

I can’t seem to get this plugin working. I followed the steps exactly, but this error gets spit every time I go to run a render:

No map data is sent to the server application at all.

I’ve done some experimenting over the past couple of projects and it seems that Ro-Render is not equipped to dealing with terrain that requires multiple colours. A lot of the projects I work on require a lot of detail in the terrain, especially the mountains and for some reason, using the grow tool from roblox terrain plugin, applies different layers of terrain colours and the ro render ray casting does not seem to detect the colours accurately. The old terrain generation worked fine but with this new feature to grow other colours onto another colour will cause the white lights.

You can perfectly see what i’m talking about in this ro render example

1 Like

Ro-Render uses a Roblox in-built function to get the colour of part/terrain hit. Many times, this colour is different from how it looks like on the screen.

For example, setting water transparency to 1 and its colour to white will look good on screen, but on the minimap it will be white coloured.

As far as I know, there is no way to get the exact colour which is rendered on the screen, this limitation is caused by Roblox, if there was a way to do this then Ro-Render would have had this fixed.

Same goes for colour blending between different terrain materials. Putting different terrain materials together will blend into each other, but on the minimap it will be a sharp border.

2 Likes

Ok,But now,Theres white line in a grid like fasion with NO invisible part

Just discovering this now, very nice!

Nice!

lo
There are some glitchy areas (the brown passage ways etc) but I wasn’t in full quality so that might be it? I don’t know, anyway, it’s pretty cool.

Edit: I think these might be a result of there being some transparent barriers around them

1 Like

Does anyone know a solution to this besides having different terrain?

In a game I am creating we made a new map and it is creating the same grid.

1 Like

I also found out about this it is a problem with Roblox terrain collision boxes. If you go to the area where the lines are being made you will fall through the ground. I’ve tested this.

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me at all. a blue box appears and then when I test it nothing loads or happens

i contacted @reteach and he responded almost immediately. i am getting help rn

I am getting this strange error every time I try to run this plugin. I do it as followed:

1. Auto configure the plugin
  2. Open ro-render and press start
  3. Launch a test server with the correct amount of players according to the amount of cores I have
  4. Inject scripts via the server

I am greeted by this error seconds later every time. HTTP Requests are enabled and the place is published. Anybody know how I can fix this/what I am doing wrong?

Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin in the link in OP. I’d reinstall RoRender plugins to be safe.

The current version uses localhost port 8081 so theoretically you could just change the address in the plugin but updating the plugin will fix it for you.

1 Like

Thanks so much! This fixed it!

If you like RoRender and want to easily give the results full functionality like a rotating minimap with a player icon then I highly recommend using the following plugin in conjunction with RoRender: