Workaroud - Missing textures and icons

Since this morning (UTC) Studio is missing a stack of textures and also missing icons for 3rd party addons.

All of this has worked fine for months, and per another thread where I was having “missing Wind widget” issues earlier in the week, I’m on the latest version, on the latest non-Beta MacOS running on Silicon.

Here’s an example - create a new file with just a Baseplate, and my sky is Black. I haven’t touched its properties. My avatar is suddenly not textured, and about 1 in 3 times loads with missing limbs.

As shown in this screen-grab, I’m also missing some icons for 3rd party addons. Sometimes they load, sometimes in missing 9 (rather than missing 4 shown here).

If I add terrain, then animated grass works fine. However, everything else (say Mud) turns into a reflective plastic material with roughly the shape of the original landscape.

I’ve created new files, and opened old ones - all are the same, though sometimes I get sky on one try, and then it’s gone again on the next load of the same experience.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled Studio from scratch. I’ve rebooted several times. I’ve disabled ALL of the Betas and tried with them all enabled.

I’ve seen a bunch of the shown “MeshContentProvider failed to process…” messages, and on other attempts to open an experience had a bunch of 500 errors.

My net connection is >500Mbps down, and >50Mbps up, with no significant latency issues, no sign of buffering, dropouts, etc. Everything else seems to be running fine, including GeForce now streaming AAA titles turned up to Ultra which is hitting around 70Mbps down and not losing frames or packets.

I don’t have any firewalls turned on to test this and have disabled all my AV stuff temporarily with no difference seen.

Any ideas please?

10 Likes

Same kind of thing is happening to me here: Roblox Studio Acting Up (Assets not loading in including Roblox Defaults) - Help and Feedback / Platform Usage Support - Developer Forum | Roblox

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Don’t know how to get around this :confused:

2 Likes

bump because I have the same issue

2 Likes

Is this happening to everyone or only a select few?

It’s a system error in Roblox Studio. There is no fix sadly. Until the devs fix it themselves, there is no way around this sadly.

2 Likes

Same issue https://devforum.roblox.com/t/meshes-images-sounds-wont-load/2429663

3 Likes

Bumping as this is completely inhibiting my ability to develop

1 Like

I’ve just been told of a fix and it works. Restart your router. Simple as that :slight_smile:

Well, 4 router reboots later, still all of the same issues. I guess that since not everyone is having the same problem, some of us are unlucky enough to be routed out to a specific proxy that’s got an issue.

1 Like

same here, restarted my router and still not fixed. RIP

2 Likes

Me too, I hope we can get Roblox staff in soon, because it really ruins Roblox for us.

OK, so I woke up in the middle of the night with a Eureka moment - I was thinking about what @l1z4rdju1ce said about having success with a router reboot, combined with my own thought that it seems like there’s proxy errors.

I’ve seen this happen in other (non-gaming) places and the issue generally tracks down to you being assigned to a Proxy the first time you hit it (for some period of time), and you will consistently be routed back to that Proxy while you’re coming in from the same source IP address.

With my ISP, rebooting the router does not get my a new IP. I went on their forums, and it turns out I will always have the same IP (unless they are performing a major upgrade themselves when it “might” change. They do not offer the facility to change IP addresses.)

Since that wasn’t an option, I fired up my VPN software - one of those commercial ones that “hides” your IP by allowing you to appear to have a different IP.

I started with their UK/London connection, and with this new IP, everything was working :slight_smile:

To check that this was really the root of the issue, I then dropped the VPN, restarted Roblox Studio and tested again - the sky and the textures (and icons) were back to being missing,

As a final check, I’ve now also tested coming in from different IP addresses in the US and Europe, and I’m consistently running with no issues.

So, if it’s possible for you - use your favorite VPN software (even if you have to grab a free trial) and see if it also works for you. I’d love to hear if this helps cos I know a whole bunch of people are still having this issue.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much, you’re a lifesaver! It worked. I thought I could never use Roblox again lol! Roblox still needs to look into it though, because I’d imagine they could lose casual players that have this problem, and don’t know why. It’s also inconvenient for us, obviously. For anyone looking for a good free VPN to do this with, I’m using ProtonVPN. It’s free and easy, but you might want to research more than I did. I’m just trusting it’s not a virus lol, but I’m pretty sure it’s not.

1 Like

bump, this still happens and hasn’t been fixed. we shouldn’t have to download something like a VPN just for studio to function.