We CAN'T use Roblox!

2 nights ago, I was in Studio, and all of a sudden, assets started to disappear. I thought they just had to load in, because they were new meshes, I had uploaded, and that just happens sometimes, but they had already loaded in earlier. I then reopened Studio and tried to open my game back up but was interrupted with an error. After retrying a few times, I came back to see even more assets gone. They were there, just invisible. I tried play testing, and my avatar wouldn’t even fully load in. Some libs were invisible. I re-installed Studio, and rebooted my PC, but only to return to even more assets missing, from default Roblox materials to the Baseplate Skybox.

How am I supposed to develop things I can’t even see? I tried to playtest in-game on Roblox itself, but I ran into yet another loading issue.

Even on big games, my animations wouldn’t show, and half of all assets were missing. From players’ avatars and clothing, to textures, to UI elements, to meshes, and even skyboxes.

Instead of imagining this, here is a video that demonstrates my issue (Sped up for file optimization):

The Studio issue happens on different accounts, Windows, and Mac, I can confirm. The Roblox Player issue happens on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Xbox, I can also confirm.

I have tried switching accounts, logging in and out, Re-installing both Roblox Studio and Player, resetting my router, and rebooting my devices countless times. Also, I know certain things like colors, and textures can take a bit to load in on poorly connected devices, but this 100% not the same thing. That is also something that only really happens in the Roblox Player itself, but this is different, and the assets that don’t load in seem to change each time.

This issue obviously isn’t happening to everyone, but it is happening to a good number of others. I believe it started for us all around the same time. Here are some other posts about it:

Studio acting weirdly - Help and Feedback / Platform Usage Support - Developer Forum | Roblox

Roblox not loading correctly! - Help and Feedback / Platform Usage Support - Developer Forum | Roblox

MeshContentProvider failed to process … because ‘could not fetch’ - Help and Feedback / Platform Usage Support - Developer Forum | Roblox

Missing textures and icons - Help and Feedback / Platform Usage Support - Developer Forum | Roblox

Roblox & Studio Completely Broken (Major Bug) - Help and Feedback / Platform Usage Support - Developer Forum | Roblox

What could this issue be, and how should we get around it? Any help is appreciated!

3 Likes

Get a new IP address to solve this issue. I solved it by unplugging my Router from my Coaxal modem, waiting a minute, and then plugging it in again. If this does not fix it for you, then try asking your ISP to reset your network’s IP address.

5 Likes

Yes, thank you a lot! I’m using a free VPN, ProtonVPN for this, and it fixes the issue. Still something that should be fixed on Roblox’s end though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.