Modesty Layers are broken. Avatar Bundles >NEED< to have default 2D Clothing rendered on them

No modesty layer, I don’t like it, nobody likes it. Just allow 2D Clothing.

8 Likes

Only realistic human characters need modesty layers. The reason I want it this way is to make the thumbnail look better.

5 Likes

I wish this could happen for UGC bundles, and would be pretty nice to see bundles not being forced to use modesty layer.
I’ve made a post about how Roblox could fix this issue as well as many other issues related to UGC body parts (such as being forced to make heads as dynamic heads)

5 Likes

That’s a horrible reason to want a modesty layer.

4 Likes

Honestly still find it super odd that they force layered clothing when the point of ugc bundles is to add more customizability to how you can make your avatar. Expecting everyone to make a realistic avatar goes against the point of making avatar bundles in the first place, imo

6 Likes

The theory that there is someone(s) at roblox hq that wants to “progress” the technology behind avatars by forcing it on everyone is sound. This extends to dynamic heads as well. The best selling heads for any given week are almost exclusively static 2d, but its against their rules to publish heads
that arent animated.

Marketplace Policy | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

“All heads must include the 17 minimum FACS controls”

12 Likes

I didn’t expect you to answer me, thank you for clarifying, I think it’s important to always give a little context when writing a topic!

3 Likes

The system is so incredibly black and white it hurts. Creators having action taken on them for “Sexual Content” despite the content being a penguin is appalling.

10 Likes

If clonetrooper/maximum adhd (someone that is pretty popular in the community) can’t get the people at roblox to do something about this then we’re doomed :cry:

3 Likes

This is genuinely ridiculous. I got a warning for trying to upload a bundle the bundle was denied despite it having a modesty layer.

But what’s so confusing to me is that when I check my avatar creations page it still shows up as under review?? I am confused.
image_2024-06-11_174254843

13 Likes

ditto, is beyond confused about it

5 Likes

I’m hoping they’ll cave on this pressure eventually, we just have to keep pushing.
This resistance has been… incredibly stubborn, to put it mildly.

Roblox could be making a lot more money if they let us support 2D clothing. There would be more monetary flow from people buying both bodies that support 2D clothing, and 2D clothing itself. If they felt like raising the price floor of that too they could go crazy :person_shrugging:

22 Likes

For more feminine bundles like this they require a second one covering the chest which looks worse, is most likely you’re issue.

3 Likes

This is the most answer we got for this.

Regarding the actual response from a staff member, it’s still dull and doesn’t explain anything.

2 Likes

I think @Tone was replying more in general, it doesn’t address the concerns I made in this topic. The modesty layer system does need to exist, but there are situations where it doesn’t make sense that I’ve outlined here.

8 Likes

I understand, but I would still rather like if it was less of a problem, such as an actual allowance of “transparency” layers, or just removed if a character has 2D enabled.

There was a reply centering 2D clothing and modesty, but the staff member only replied with a link to said screenshotted post which still isn’t very answery or informative.

2 Likes

This is the most ridiculous thing ever.
Genuinely, how is it sexual at all if it doesn’t

• Show private part replicas
  • Appear “shirtless” or “naked”

Like?? Why is a modesty layer required if it supports 2D clothing??

2 Likes

Its a common misconception, but not the case always, an upper torso modesty layer is only required if there is visible breasts that are sticking out, good example of a bundle to what currently goes through moderation at the moment is IT girl by some dude, that one has very visible breast geometry, thus would need a upper torso modesty according to roblox tos

My current bundle is flat as a plank

7 Likes

AGREE AGREE THANK YOU!!! They deleted my body bundle of an ANIMAL for sexual content. I’m devastated

14 Likes

Even as someone who isn’t a UGC creator, I’ve seen too many cool bundles I’ve wanted to buy get taken down–even ones with a modesty layer–for me to feel safe spending Robux on anything. Not to mention how it completely ruins 2D clothing. I’ve been holding back on buying any bundles until this is fixed.

7 Likes