Monster Planets [COMING SOON] - Update #1

Hey everyone!

Just want to formally share a new game I’ve been working on with our team called :space_invader:Monster Planets:ringer_planet:. I’ve shared some of our creatures in the “what are you working on currently? (2020)” thread over the past couple of weeks, but with the game getting a little farther along, it’s time to show a little more.
MP LOGO_V1_CROPPED
About The Game:
Monster Planets is an action-shooter monster collection game. Kind of mash-up of Monster Hunter meets Pokémon Go except with guns :gun: :wink: . Players adventure out into our fictional planet of Genova Prime to assist the interplanetary organization Sci-Corp in hunting down and capturing escaped monsters. There’s more back-story to Sci-Corp that explains the who and what kind of experiments they were conducting, but essentially players are monster bounty hunters and need to use skill, equipment, and work with other hunters to take down creatures of all shapes and sizes.

Below are couple of images of our world; Genova Prime - a rocky desert remote planet prime for exploration and of hunting.

Will be sharing more about the game in coming updates, but any feedback and/or suggestions now are always welcome.

Also if you like what you’re seeing and hearing thus far and want to support the game, would appreciate you joining the official :space_invader:Monster Planets:ringer_planet:. group.

28 Likes

These images make me want to play, I would play; 3

2 Likes

This looks like a good game I won’t even lie. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

This looks amazing! The skybox fits in with the map, the map doesn’t look empty, GUI looks incredible, everything is amazing. In the future, I’m looking further to new special terrain/maps or even interesting game modes like low gravity. I can’t wait to play it!

1 Like

I don’t know if it was mentioned in the description but was this inspired by Astroneer? Because it looks like it.

2 Likes

Thank you! Definitely looking forward to getting an Alpha out soon.

1 Like

I absolutely wish the greatest success on this fantastic project you’re working on w/ your team! :slight_smile: I’ve bookmarked this post, hoping to play once released! Man, just saying, loving these fantastic pictures! :smile:

2 Likes

Appreciate the kind words! Really puts the work we’re putting into perspective. New terrains are definitely are the roadmap.

TBH it was not, but now that you say it, can see how you got there.

I’m excited to see all the Monsters! I’ve loved everyone of them that you showcased in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations

Keep up the grind and you will be on your way to success in no time! Also, yes, getting Astroneer Vibes off this here as well.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! A lot of time and effort being put in from our builders to make the world pop. Look forward to having you play it soon.

Hopefully the Astroneer vibes are good vibes lol. Regardless appreciate the encouraging words and support.

1 Like

The artistic comparison is not a bad thing unless your future aesthetics do not follow suite. I have no qualms with the art style at all but we will have to reserve ultimate judgement for when we get to play your masterpiece as a whole. Keep up the good work and can’t wait!

1 Like

Spoken like a true objective gamer, almost Shakespearean :grinning:.

1 Like

Looks really good! I would love to see some gameplay!
I think there is a very wide range of people that would like to play this! It’s an added bonus that the map looks so good! The UI’s also look very neat. Good job!

1 Like

I’m not one for these kinds of games, but the quality of work put into this is amazing. The UI is clean, the lighting looks beautiful, the area looks foreign, it clearly lives up to what it’s meant to be, and the list goes on! This would be something I’d actually try out. And really nice logo design! :cool:

2 Likes

Thank you! Showcasing some gameplay soon is definitely on the share roadmap.

1 Like

Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words even if not your type of game. We’re really happy with how the logo turned out too…ties well to the visual aesthetic of the game for sure :wink:

Wow! This looks great! I can see this going popular soon!

1 Like

Thank you! I hope we’re on to something too :crossed_fingers:t6: